After Interview- Documents ReExamination

mdnajeeb

Registered Users (C)
After the interview, I was stamped with I-485 pending because of delay in name-check security clearance. The officer also told us that our Marriage is good and she is satisfied with all other documents after having a quick look at them. I have one question now.

Assuming that my name check is cleared, will the officer reexamine all my documents again or will she just approve it based on the clear name check status.

I am worried about this because right now I am on H1. I haven't used my EAD yet because I want to be on the safe side as my EAD will get cancelled and I will get out of status if the I-485 is denied.

There could be a possibility that she finds something wrong with the Affidavit of support (or other) and sends me the rejection notice.

Can some body me answer what happens inside when the name check is cleared.

Thanks.

Your H1 is terminated automatically by the time you processed your GC, so you should use your EAD now

HIB allows for dual intent so you can still continue to use your HI visa. As far as i know those with H1B visa do not need EAD or AP during adjustment of status.

You can continue using H-1.
I think when name check is cleared they just send you approval letter, and then card itself.
Be sure to switch to EAD if H-1 expires before you get the card, name check can take long time.

mikew151 said:
Your H1 is terminated automatically by the time you processed your GC, so you should use your EAD now

Ignore mikew151...

mdnajeeb, you can be on H1 as long as it is valid. The moment you use your EAD, you will no longer have your H1B.

Last edited by a moderator:
mdnajeeb said:
After the interview, I was stamped with I-485 pending because of delay in name-check security clearance. The officer also told us that our Marriage is good and she is satisfied with all other documents after having a quick look at them. I have one question now.

Assuming that my name check is cleared, will the officer reexamine all my documents again or will she just approve it based on the clear name check status.
Unless you have a second interiview, chances of your documents being rechecked are less. What are you worried about? If you submitted what they asked for and your case is straightforward, you should have nothing to worry.

I am worried about this because right now I am on H1. I haven't used my EAD yet because I want to be on the safe side as my EAD will get cancelled and I will get out of status if the I-485 is denied.

There could be a possibility that she finds something wrong with the Affidavit of support (or other) and sends me the rejection notice.
You would get an RFE or your interview letter would ask you to get an updated affidavit of support with you to the interview. You would be given a fair chance to submit correct documents. If you fail to respond, your application would be denied
Can some body me answer what happens inside when the name check is cleared.

Thanks.