After I 130 Approval What, Please Help

durgesh gupta

Hi

Can anybody guide me on the following case :

My parents and family (brothers and sisters) immigrated to this land, from india, 10 yrs. back. I was excluded on the pretext that I crossed the age of 21 at that time so I could not immigrate with my family.

In 2000 my father gained his citizenship and same year applied for my I 130 under the catagory of married son or daughter of U.S. citizen, at Vermont Service Center. AT THE TIME, MY FATHER APPLIED FOR ME, I (AND MY WIFE) WERE RESIDING IN INDIA.

In 2002, I (with my wife) came to US as visitor and changed my status to International Student. Since then I (with my wife) are here as International student, and waiting for approval of I 130.

Last week, after long wait, my father recd. I 130 Approval Letter from USCIS, Vermont Service Center. It says that my, "Immigrant visa petition has been forwarded to National Visa Center for further processing and they will determine which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate".

On the basis of this case can somebody answer the following questions :

1. Since at the time, my father applied for my I 130, I was living in India, and the beneficiary adress on application was of India. But now when I am here (with my wife) for last three years (as international student), WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS ? Do we have to go back to India to complete the process or can we complete the procedure while still living here ? Any forms to fill in this regard ? Any letter to write in this regard ? Please Guide About Anything Which Needs To Be Done In This Regard ?

2. What is the step wise procedure from the I 130 approval letter upto Green Card ? How much more time frame we are looking for ?

My parents are old and can't run around. I (with my wife) is living here under lot of pressure and stress as colleges are very costly here and my international student status dont allow me or my wife to work, hence forcing a tremendous financial constraints on us, ruling out the possibility to hire a lawyer. IF SOMEBODY CAN HELP US WITH THE GENUINE GUIDANCE, ANSWERS TO MY QUESTION AND ANY OTHER ADDITIONAL INFO, WE WILL BE VERY GREATFUL FROM OUR HEART AND SOUL. Thanks.

durgesh gupta said:
Hi

My parents and family (brothers and sisters) immigrated to this land, from india, 10 yrs. back. I was excluded on the pretext that I crossed the age of 21 at that time so I could not immigrate with my family.

In 2000 my father gained his citizenship and same year applied for my I 130 under the catagory of married son or daughter of U.S. citizen, at Vermont Service Center. AT THE TIME, MY FATHER APPLIED FOR ME, I (AND MY WIFE) WERE RESIDING IN INDIA.

In 2002, I (with my wife) came to US as visitor and changed my status to International Student. Since then I (with my wife) are here as International student, and waiting for approval of I 130.

Last week, after long wait, my father recd. I 130 Approval Letter from USCIS, Vermont Service Center. It says that my, "Immigrant visa petition has been forwarded to National Visa Center for further processing and they will determine which consular post is the appropriate consulate to complete visa processing. NVC will then forward the approved petition to that consulate".

1. Since at the time, my father applied for my I 130, I was living in India, and the beneficiary adress on application was of India. But now when I am here (with my wife) for last three years (as international student), WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS ? Do we have to go back to India to complete the process or can we complete the procedure while still living here ? Any forms to fill in this regard ? Any letter to write in this regard ? Please Guide About Anything Which Needs To Be Done In This Regard ?

2. What is the step wise procedure from the I 130 approval letter upto Green Card ? How much more time frame we are looking for ?

My parents are old and can't run around. I (with my wife) is living here under lot of pressure and stress as colleges are very costly here and my international student status dont allow me or my wife to work, hence forcing a tremendous financial constraints on us, ruling out the possibility to hire a lawyer. IF SOMEBODY CAN HELP US WITH THE GENUINE GUIDANCE, ANSWERS TO MY QUESTION AND ANY OTHER ADDITIONAL INFO, WE WILL BE VERY GREATFUL FROM OUR HEART AND SOUL. Thanks.

Hi,
http://www.visapro.com/Green-Card-Family/Third-Preference.asp

Since you are married and your parents are sponsoring you, you come under third preference category.

I am not sure how long the wait is , but its long. You will have to wait for an immigrant visa number to be available before you can file for 485 .

Hope this helps,

durgesh gupta said:
Hi

Your I 130 approval is nothing but a piece of paper time being. For Indian priority date is 15 Jan 1998. It will take 4 to 5 years minimum beofore jan 2000 became current untill than you have to maitain your status in US by F1 and h1. Once your date is about to became current NVC will send you a letter asking you whether you want to do consular processing in India or change of status, if maitain here. That time you can exceercise your option