after getting married to an american citizen

Dannyk27

hi ,
i wanted to know if anyone knows weather i'm allowed (as a person that just got married and started the process) to leave the us for a couple of weeks and then come back? (with no other former visa valid anymore)
??
thank you very much!

You'll need Advance Parole to return (and it must be approved before you leave), or the green card itself. Did you apply for Advance Parole (form I-131)?

advanced parole

hi ,
actually i'm asking for future purposes because i have an F-1 visa that is about to expire but i'm marrying an american citizen soon and wanted to know what can i do \ not do after we get married.
is there another step before getting a green card or the period of time waiting for it will not let you leave the country??

Once you start the adjustment of status process after getting married, your F-1 visa will be useless for reentering the US. You'll need to apply for Advance Parole (AP) along with the adjustment of status paperwork if you want to travel before the green card is approved. AP takes about 2-3 months to be approved, during which you must not leave the US.