After GC, do parents have to stay for a min. of 6 months each time they visit US?

Preethy

Hi,

I'm a US Citizen. I want to sponsor GC for both my parents. Few questions..
1) My mom is here in US on B2 visa and my dad will be visiting on B2 visa in June. Can I sponsor for GC before he gets here? I heard that there might be problem in getting a tourist visa while GC is in process. Since he already has the tourist visa, I'm assuming it's ok to file I-130.
2) I read in some posts that you can file both I-130 & I-485 at the same time? Does this apply only if the person being sponsored is in the US & intends to stay here til they get the GC? My parents will be leaving in Aug,05.
3)Once my parents get the GC, they have to come here to get the stamping done every year. How long do they have to stay each time they visit? Do they have to stay for a min. of 6 months each time?

Pl. reply. Thanks a lot!

sorry, I enter the wrong key,

I just filed applications for both of my parents they are her in b-2 visa, I wouold wait until your dad is here and then file togheter, the way it is, when you file 130 they ask you if your relative is here date of entry etc and if he/she is outside us you would have to write the consulate they live near to, andafter they process 130 they would send them the rest of the pakcet 145 etc to complete process in the consulate, if they are here you can send all the forms togheter including 131 advance parole which is a permit to travel while your case is pending.

once you get your gc you become a RESIDENT which they like you residing in this country, you can not be outside for longer than a year I think . I'm not 100% sure of that becuse my parents they are going to reside here (if they get the gc alright)

I hope this helps

My parents are here on visitor visa. My brother being US Cititzen, we have two choices to sponsor our parents.
1) file for 485/AP/130/EAD concurruntely or
2) file 130 and then get GC through consular processing.
I think total time of geting GC is same with either methods, right ?

Can someone, already went through either situation, kindly explain the flow of application from 130 stage to 845 (preparation for approved petition) to consulate stage to medical ...If possible also mention avg. timeline at each stage. I think that will help lot of people here at this forum.

My (parents) are not keen to stay here and work, so I think, its better to file I130 and let them get GC through consular processing. I have these concerns:
1) I am not sure if they can visit us on visitor visa again while their petition is pending.
2) Also our mother is thinking of extending here visitor visa, will extension request get denied