After GC approved..

ravisurya

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I am not sure whether this is the right place to post this or not..

I got my GC card around 10 months back and i have been in the same job for at least 5 years ....never went out of job etc..

Question now is: I am starting my own business and planning to put my own money to build it ..So i am not going to be in the payroll for some time....what if i am not in payroll after getting the GC from the same or diff employer.....is that ok when we go for citizenship or any thing to think before i do this?

Thoughts experts?

-Ravi Surya.

Hello All,

I am not sure whether this is the right place to post this or not..

I got my GC card around 10 months back and i have been in the same job for at least 5 years ....never went out of job etc..

Question now is: I am starting my own business and planning to put my own money to build it ..So i am not going to be in the payroll for some time....what if i am not in payroll after getting the GC from the same or diff employer.....is that ok when we go for citizenship or any thing to think before i do this?

Thoughts experts?

-Ravi Surya.

To be 100% safe you MUST be with your last employer until you get citizenship. There is nothing in the law which regulates your time spent with your last employer after getting the green card.

Theoretically speaking you were more flexible - 1 day before getting green card then now. Because now you CAN NOT even use AC21.

Thanks for your reply.,...

I know people changed jobs after they get GC and got citizenship with out having any issues ...i know who got Citizenship for lot of people who switched jobs right away after they got GC.

Anyway, my question is ...What if we go out of job with out salary after we get GC ..is that consider ok or red flag?

You can ignore if you have already answered the question.

-Ravi Surya.