After GC Approval email

ddd999

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,

In my 485 approval message it says: Card Production ordered.

Couple of questions:

1. Will i need to go for stamping?

2. Will the card goes to my lawyer or directly comes to me.

Please share your knowledge.

Hi Gurus,

In my 485 approval message it says: Card Production ordered.

Couple of questions:

1. Will i need to go for stamping?

2. Will the card goes to my lawyer or directly comes to me.

Please share your knowledge.
Congrats :D

There is no more any need to do PP stamping.
Cards will be mailed out to you directly - I think it takes a week or two. IMO, it could get a bit delayed given all the new approval activity.

Hi Max2k1,

Thanks for the reply

Some more questions:

1. Why some people are getting email like "Sent Notice welcoming" and some people are getting
"Card production ordered"? Is there any difference between both of them?

2. Is there a period we have to stay in US after receiveing new GC before we go to India ?

3. What is the max period we can stay in india when we have GC?

Hi Max2k1,

Thanks for the reply.

Some more questions:

1. Why some people are getting email like "Sent Notice welcoming" and some people are getting

2. Is there a period we have to stay in US after receiveing new GC before we go to India ?

All are taking long deserved break today to enjoy :)..I am sure all of us will be asking these questions in a day or so...

I received the magic email today. USCIS has ordered Card production.

Labor - Dec 2002 /EB3
I485- June 2003
140 RFE & Approval : Aug'2003
485 RFE EVL June 2006
485 Approval 20Jun2007

Today i recieved two more email saying:

one for mine:

Approval notice sent

and one for my wife:

Card mailed to the address on file.

My questions:

1. Why it didn't say for me Card mailed?
2. Will the approval notice comes to me or lawyer?
3. I changed my address when 485 is in pending, but i updated my address, so since it says card mailed to the address on file, will they use the new address?

I got the "welcoming" email at 6:02pm on 6/20, got "card production" at 8:33pm, 2 hours apart.

I think you can go once you get the card.

I understand the max out time should be 6 month maybe you can extend it but not sure.

Hi Max2k1,

Thanks for the reply

Some more questions:

Bros

I (and my wife) got email today around 9.30am saying card production ordered. Around 10.00am we got another email saying welcoming new PR. It is very NORMAL. It happens in almost all the approval. Do not worry. It is just the way it is!! We all should get card very soon.

Yes you can travel to India after you get Card and I believe that you have to go local office to get it stamped which may read as PR - authorized to work in anywhere in US.

You can stay maximum 11 months outside US. If you want extended stay, you need to apply in advance and get parole.

Hope this answer some of your questions.

Today i recieved two more email saying:

one for mine:

Approval notice sent

and one for my wife:

Card mailed to the address on file.

My questions:

1. Why it didn't say for me Card mailed?
2. Will the approval notice comes to me or lawyer?
3. I changed my address when 485 is in pending, but i updated my address, so since it says card mailed to the address on file, will they use the new address?

I am with you.. Even in my case,
Approval Notice sent e-mail - June 18th morning - Me and My Wife
Card Ordered e-mail - June 18th Evening - Me and My wife
Card Mailed e-mail - June 21 evening - Only for my wife ..

I did not get Card Mailed e-mail for me yet.. Is there any reason for the delay ??

EB3 - PD - Feb 2003
I-140/485 - Aug 2003
I-140 Approval - Apr 2004
Numerous EAD's and AP's
I-485 Approval notice- June 18th

Congrats!!!

Even my GC was approved 3 days back, waiting for approval notice.
Are you sure that we need to go for stamping as i have heard that now they have changed rules , card will be directly sent to home.
Please someone clarify.

QUOTE=alwaysin_queue;1705934]Bros

I (and my wife) got email today around 9.30am saying card production ordered. Around 10.00am we got another email saying welcoming new PR. It is very NORMAL. It happens in almost all the approval. Do not worry. It is just the way it is!! We all should get card very soon.

Yes you can travel to India after you get Card and I believe that you have to go local office to get it stamped which may read as PR - authorized to work in anywhere in US.

You can stay maximum 11 months outside US. If you want extended stay, you need to apply in advance and get parole.

Hope this answer some of your questions.[/QUOTE]

Hi Max2k1,

Thanks for the reply

Some more questions:

(1) --> Don't worry about the various messages - they all mean the same thing. Give it about 2 weeks to get your card.

(2) No such restriction - you can go on a temporary trip abroad any time after getting the card.

(3) The major condition for granting you PR status is that you maintain permanent residence in the US. If your India "trip" is going to be >12 months (<=24 mos), you need a re-entry permit. Trips longer than 6 months break continuous presence.
Any trip has to be temporary in nature. Always remember that now your perm. residence is the US -- anything you do to suggest otherwise would mean risking your GC.

As expected, after they sent the Card Mailed notification, my recieved her card on saturday..

But, for me, there is no change in status.. Is there anyone in similar situation ? I am still waiting for my card mailed e-mail notification...