After FP how long does it take for 485 approval??

Want GC Soon

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I would like to track on an average, how long does it take for a person to get his 485 approval after his FP/FBI has been cleared.

Those you have already done FP, could you please discuss your dates 485RD, FP dates and any updates on LUD.

This way, we would atleast see how the processing goes forward for 485 cases approval.

Mine is Oct 2003, FP completed Oct 2004, 140 already approved and LUD(485) changed in November 1st, 2004.

Appreciate all your feedback!!!!

week to forever

Hi ,

You can expect approval with in a week to 3 months depending on your category and luck .

I think its a good idea to open a thread who have FP done and are waiting for 485 approval. We can discuss and share our knowledge in this.

Here is a brief on my case:

140/485/EAD/AP - RD: 22nd Feb 2004
EAD/AP - approved - June 15th, 2004
140 - approved - June 15th, 2004
FP done Sep 25th, 2004 - no update on USCIS website. FP result is with USCIS but name check still pending. Not sure how long does it take for FBI to clear the name check - sent emails /faxes multiple times. No luck yet !!!

Friends, any thoughts? Anybody in similar situation?

My 140 priority date is Feb 19th, 2003. Does it matter? Does the 485 approval depends on this date?

Thanks !

how does one find out if...

how do you know your FP is with USCIS? how can i check if mine is? is there a site to check? also how do you know that your name check is not done yet by FBI? where can we find that out too? thx, douglas