after FP appointment

gatorlink

Registered Users (C)
after scheduling FP appointment will i receive any kind of reminder or pass with the date and time on it

?

Reminder of what? You get notice to come back after 90 days if you did not get your EAD and that is it.

what i want to know is after scheduling the appointment will i receive any document from the uscis stating the date and time of my FP appointment

No.
They must have given you a Confirmation #. Just take that #, your receipt notices and a valid photo ID.

1. I was wondering, is this a new procedure where you have to call the USCIS and get an appointment for fingerprinting. Because I am applying for my wife who is on F-1 also.

2. Also on the I 130 was your A# and name written as the petitioner even if you were a naturalized US citizen?

52love said:
1. I was wondering, is this a new procedure where you have to call the USCIS and get an appointment for fingerprinting. Because I am applying for my wife who is on F-1 also.

2. Also on the I 130 was your A# and name written as the petitioner even if you were a naturalized US citizen?

I don't know about new or old but this is the procedure.
A# stays with you even if you are a US Citizen. It should be on your certificate too.
Why USC can not be a petitioner??c'mon

amishah: I guess I did not explian my point. What I meant is on your I-130 what is printed under the petitioner's box. In my case it is the A# and my name.

I thought that since I was a naturalized citizen, it would say United States Citizen (or something like that) and my name.

I just wanted to confirm with others that they too had the A# and thier name under the petitioners box.

I have same as you have. And I am sure everyone else will have the same thing. You are a USC that is correct but on I130, you are acting as a petitioner because I130 is form to petition for alien relative.
I hope I have cleared your doubts.

So the bottom line is :
In your I-130 under the petitioner's box your A# is printed and your name, correct?

52love said:
So the bottom line is :
In your I-130 under the petitioner's box your A# is printed and your name, correct?
Yes On I130 receipt I have my A# and my name. (I petitioning for my husband)

Last edited by a moderator:
52love said:
Thanks amishah, that helps. Did it take you several calls to get a FP appt.?
No. Just once. The prompt will direct you to the person. The date you will get will depend on your DO. If your DO is one of the busiest one then you may will not get very close date. which is your DO?

amishah said:
No. Just once. The prompt will direct you to the person. The date you will get will depend on your DO. If your DO is one of the busiest one then you may will not get very close date. which is your DO?

My DO is Houston.
Also What is NBC anf RFE mean. I see a lot of people usinf it :confused:

52love said:
My DO is Houston.
Also What is NBC anf RFE mean. I see a lot of people usinf it :confused:
NBC -National Benifit Center
RFE-Request for Evidence- If something is missing in your packet, they send you RFE.