after fingerprints when do u get the passport stamped?

tweedybird

Registered Users (C)
how long after the fingerprint do you usually receive the temporary stamp on the passport? And with this stamp (i think it is also called temp GC) can you be out of the US?

After FP.

The 485 approval after FP depends on your Service Center. From what I have seen on this forum it seems to take a few weeks to a few months to get your approval notice after FP. Yes you can travel with the Green Card stamp on your passport.

Thanks for your help. One more question:
can you be out of the US for a long period of time (more than 6 mths for example) after you get the passport stamped? Or will this affect the green card process??

6 months is about the max limit, and they may question you as to why you were out for so long.

after receiving the green card the maximum time you can be out of the US is also 6 months?

Can you come for a week and leave the country without risking loosing the GC?

The main reason Im asking this is that my husband is waiting for his GC so we can come back and live in Brazil but we do want to have the GC so we can come back and work here and there from time to time. (His kids live in the US sooo we cannot afford risking the GC)

Thanks for your help!