After FBI "name check?"(RD 11/23/2001)

luckGC

Registered Users (C)
hi All,

I got a call from the FBI today informing me that my name check has been completed as of July 14th and the results were sent back to INS the same day....

Now i want to know what is the next step. Do i have to call INS or send a FAX to follow up?...

Initially i got a response from INS that my case has been pending for FBI name check... since now my name check is done... does that mean that i am close to approval?.

Any thoughts, inputs will be very much appreciated by this wounded soul!!

Thanks,
luckGC

I-485 RD: 11/23/2001

Same boat?

I just got a mail from INS that my EAD application is pending security check too (and I got this reply after 3 status inquiries)!!! I didn't know even EAD & AP applications go through security check too. Anyone else went thru this?

I know that my FP has been cleared, results were received in 05/04. Is this the name check that got me stuck then?

Can I go to USCIS local office and get an interim EAD? Please help!!!

I-485: RD 05/03
I-765: RD 09/03
I-131: RD 09/03

Did you call FBI Name check?

Hi

Did you call FBI - Name check dept before & leave a message
Where did they call you?

How much time between you had called them & they replied

I am in the same boat, please help

Thanks

Samina

samina said:
Hi

Did you call FBI - Name check dept before & leave a message
Where did they call you?

How much time between you had called them & they replied

I am in the same boat, please help

Thanks

Samina

LuckGC & Shaf please reply

it took 2 weeks

it took 2 weeks for the FBI to call me back... i thought they are never going to call back...but surprisingly they called me..

But again not sure what's up from here on.. and still confused about whats going to happen next...

Has anbody had the same experience like me and how long did it take for you get the GC from the time your Name Check was completed by the FBI?

please reply...

Thanks,
luckGC

Congrats!!. at least this dept is responded.
Now you all set for approval.

luckGC said:
hi All,

I got a call from the FBI today informing me that my name check has been completed as of July 14th and the results were sent back to INS the same day....

Now i want to know what is the next step. Do i have to call INS or send a FAX to follow up?...

Initially i got a response from INS that my case has been pending for FBI name check... since now my name check is done... does that mean that i am close to approval?.

Any thoughts, inputs will be very much appreciated by this wounded soul!!

Thanks,
luckGC

I-485 RD: 11/23/2001

Left a message with FBI

I just left a message with FBI today. Let's see when they call back. The voice on the phone said they respond within 48 business hours ... but as luckGC says, it took 2 weeks for them to get back! I'll let you guys know.

I called 202-324-2399 number option 2. It still kicked me to the voicemail. How do I get a live person? I sent the request the first week of June and have not heard from them since.

Thanks!