After almost 4 years...

freaked

Registered Users (C)
I don't know if anyone still remembers me from back in the old days.
I haven't posted for many years now.
My RD is July 18, 2001.
It's been a very rough road I hope my story will inspire some to wait.
After filing the 485 in 2001, I didn't hear anything from the INS until last month. Even all the EADs I filed never got an approval or denial. I had to go each time after the 90 day period to the local office to get a temporary one.
I lost my job in Dec 2002. I stayed without a job till Aug 2004. Then in Feb. of this year I get an RFE for employment letter. I sent the RFE through a lawyer and I'm waiting to hear again.

Just the fact that I heard from them after almost 4 years made me think there is still hope. It was hard to see co-workers getting approved in 8 months. For a whole year I used to call daily to the INS to get the status (that time it wasn't available online). I would stay on the phone for an hour at least to get through to the automated machine and to hear the usual answer.. pending.

I sent numerous letters, contacted them and talked to them several times. I even got a congressman to contact them and all he got is the same answer. Pending.

Slowly I realized that the case will take years and I gave up calling or checking online. Till one day few weeks ago I checked online after not checking for almost a year. And I saw the RFE update.

Pending for almost 4 years. I moved from the Northeast to the Midwest in the meantime. I ran out of money and accumulated big debt as a result of not having a job for a year and a half.

I arrived legally in this country as a student 12 years ago. And I'm still waiting for the greencard. I really sent the RFE not expecting to hear from them for another 4 years. I really don't care anymore. :)

Wow... What a true story. it is just a nightmare when I put myself in your position. I truly believe that you will see the lights on the other side of the tunnel soon and I truly pray for your approval and others with such ordeal.
Good luck .. Hope to see a smily face post from your end soon.
Please keep us posted with I-485 status.

Congratulation for the approval. Let's hope this approval is the first wind of change and it will take care of the ordeals you went thru.

freaked said:
My RD is July 18, 2001.
After filing the 485 in 2001, I didn't hear anything from the INS until last month. Even all the EADs I filed never got an approval or denial. I had to go each time after the 90 day period to the local office to get a temporary one.
I lost my job in Dec 2002. I stayed without a job till Aug 2004. Then in Feb. of this year I get an RFE for employment letter. I sent the RFE through a lawyer and I'm waiting to hear again.

Just the fact that I heard from them after almost 4 years made me think there is still hope. It was hard to see co-workers getting approved in 8 months. For a whole year I used to call daily to the INS to get the status (that time it wasn't available online). I would stay on the phone for an hour at least to get through to the automated machine and to hear the usual answer.. pending.

I sent numerous letters, contacted them and talked to them several times. I even got a congressman to contact them and all he got is the same answer. Pending.

Slowly I realized that the case will take years and I gave up calling or checking online. Till one day few weeks ago I checked online after not checking for almost a year. And I saw the RFE update.

Pending for almost 4 years. I moved from the Northeast to the Midwest in the meantime. I ran out of money and accumulated big debt as a result of not having a job for a year and a half.

I arrived legally in this country as a student 12 years ago. And I'm still waiting for the greencard. I really sent the RFE not expecting to hear from them for another 4 years. I really don't care anymore. :)

Brother,
I am with you....

Looks like we got similar journeys...I got 140 approved in June 2001...used to be active in this forum in 2001 and 2002...used to religiously post Congratulation messages...use to hope one day will be my day...I applied for CP and file was lost by the then INS...applied duplicate I-140 and then again wait...finally lost hope and thought at least 485 is better and applied 485 in March 2002...lost assignment...luckily with the help of friend found an assignment within 1 month...hanged on that assignment for 16 months...
Got RFE in Sept 2003...again hopes were rekindled as my fp was current and due to lapse in Aug 2004...but again it became endless wait.....

Sent enquiry status through senators, ombudsmen and called 1-800. ...physically went to Vermont Service Center...

again my hope was rekindled when I got the FP notice 10 days back...

The important lesson I learnt from various experiences is that some people are born to undergo difficulties...for every simple thing, some people need to undergo extra pain...

now-a-days green card seems to be so simple but to me this is a journey in a desert and there is no end in sight...I always see a lake of water to end my thirst for GC..only to discover on approaching that it is mirage....

My greatest hope is that the "bastards" at USCIS has to give me green card one day...they cannot deny my case..the only thing they can do is delay..I entered on H-1, always employed...making well above my labor...

Keep tight...we will get one day....

wish you all the best....

Last edited by a moderator:
rajum said:
My greatest hope is that the "******" at USCIS has to give me green card one day...they cannot deny my case..the only thing they can do is delay..I entered on H-1, always employed...making well above my labor...
:) same here

'freaked' you approval is near by.. good luck

rajum said:
Brother,
I am with you....

Looks like we got similar journeys...I got 140 approved in June 2001...used to be active in this forum in 2001 and 2002...used to religiously post Congratulation messages...use to hope one day will be my day...I applied for CP and file was lost by the then INS...applied duplicate I-140 and then again wait...finally lost hope and thought at least 485 is better and applied 485 in March 2002...lost assignment...luckily with the help of friend found an assignment within 1 month...hanged on that assignment for 16 months...
Got RFE in Sept 2003...again hopes were rekindled as my fp was current and due to lapse in Aug 2004...but again it became endless wait.....

Sent enquiry status through senators, ombudsmen and called 1-800. ...physically went to Vermont Service Center...

again my hope was rekindled when I got the FP notice 10 days back...

The important lesson I learnt from various experiences is that some people are born to undergo difficulties...for every simple thing, some people need to undergo extra pain...

now-a-days green card seems to be so simple but to me this is a journey in a desert and there is no end in sight...I always see a lake of water to end my thirst for GC..only to discover on approaching that it is mirage....

My greatest hope is that the "bastards" at USCIS has to give me green card one day...they cannot deny my case..the only thing they can do is delay..I entered on H-1, always employed...making well above my labor...

Keep tight...we will get one day....

wish you all the best....
NO MORE PAIN ... THEY MIGHT HAVE READ YOUR MESSAGE....
RAJUM GOT HIS APPROVAL YESTERDAY .. CONGRATULATE HIM...
:)

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=168491

I totally agree with your below statement and I am one of the lucky ones is that some people group.........

Rajum,
Congratulations on your I 485 approval and I am sure that it might have brought you lots of relief than happiness.......Anyhow now that you are out of this loop, you can atleast plan for future without worrying about legal status etc.......
rajum said:
Brother,

freaked said:
My RD is July 18, 2001.

I salute your courage and that is the biggest thing. You will soon get approval.

freaked - hats off for your patience..

Every early filer is going through the same. Every day comes with another disappointment of no change in I-485 status.

You will get approval soon. Yeah, no one knows about the waiting time.
But I wish you GOD Speed and the best luck.

Rajum - Congratulations again..