• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

After 5 weeks no receipt notice... please advise!

Vermedve

Registered Users (C)
I sent my application by UPS to the Chicago address for private carriers on the 21st of February. The package was delivered to a guard on the 23rd. I haven't received a receipt notice yet and the check was not cashed. How do I know whether the package was lost or my application is simply processed slower than average? I am really worried because of the time pressure we all have. Somebody advised me to contact the local senator's office. What do you think I should do? This would not be the first case an application got lost. Thanks, Vermedve.

Hi,
my package was also delivered on February 23 and I received the notice last Monday February 21. I don't think you should worry for another week for I called them on February 17 and was told to wait for another two weeks before I call again. Anyway, you can call now and ask about your case. I guess they will tell you to wait for some more time. However, you have nothing to lose if you call today. In case you don't have that number, here it is: 1-800-375-5283. And one more thing, they cashed my check only after I received the notice!
Good luck!

My case SF office: a week to check the cash, and 9 weeks to get the receipt. They could have a backlog. It wouldn't hurt if you call the 800 number, but since they didn't cash the check, I'm not sure if they can tell you anything about your case.

Guys,

Thank you! I am probably to nervous about the whole business and not really patient. Thank you for the phone number. I will call them tomorrow.

Vermedve