After 485 approval

Smart Face

Registered Users (C)
Is there any reason to stick with the same employer if one is not happy
with the employer?? Is it a problem to say bye bye after getting the card into our hands

No Title

Well it takes time to look for another job anyway right.. so this way you can atleast pull along for 3 months.. only if the employer threatens to take action if you say you are leaving (because of the stupid INS clause) or else if you employer is not a crook, then go ahead and leave right away..

No Title

I say go and find a good job, once you get what u want. Go and give him the boot. He can\'t do anything. He do not deserve to earn a single penny on you.

No Title

Hi Bhanu

Presently I am in interesting situation.
Anyway I want to share this with our Board

I am working for a company from Dec 1996.
After so many requests Finally I started GC with that
company in Sept 1998. I worked for that company from the date I joined with them. I mean, I am not on Bench for a single day.
It is not like a talent.. May be luck...
Also I worked at 3 clients. All the project contracts are executed by me. They did not spend any time to look a project for me..

10 months back, When I asked for my pay raise, They said
I have to move from that client to get salary hike.
Even I had very very good relation with the old client, I moved
from there. After moving they gave me a very small (penny) hike.
This is first project the company found for me...

After joining the new client, I took vacation for a month and went to my country.( after 2 years). Unfortunately I was forced to stay longer time almost 2.5 months due to personal reasons...

The company removed me from the payrolls without informing me anything
They said that they try to reach me so many times but not..and
they did nt receive any mails from me even I sent a note to them( I dont have a copy with me to show).

After my return, The new client is not having any money left to maintain contractors, so the project is closed.
After my return, they said that they will reinvoke my employment with
them and look for a project and pay me from the date of my return..( only oral)They tried for sometime and said they will not pay me anything until I got my project...

when I asked for my 4 years of service and the earnings made on me..
They say simply it is Business
So with Frustration, I waited for a project and still waiting officially... Just for my I 485 possible refs..For sure I dont have
paystubs of old company for last 6 months
Good news is
I got a new project after some time on my own. This time I did nt
inform them and working in new project with EAD...
But officially ( as per the company) I am on the Bench looking for a project....

But my concern and frustations
At the beginning, Consulting company says We have to pay on bench
that\'s why we are not able to pay more than 35$ even thoe they are making 70$/ hr. The company is not willing to pay for just 1 month when the need comes...and simply say it is business

Still I am in touch with the company, they still looking for a project
from last 6 months...I know for sure it will take one more year
for their market people under present market conditions...

Finally I got my approval...
Thinking of
Still hang around.. .or... Just say bye bye...

No Title

registered my own Inc and executing the contract through that Inc..
My Inc pays me every month as a employee of my inc
I have every month pay stub with me

No Title

Hi,

I have EAD and my RD was march 12.
Another employer is willing to offer me full time?
If i take this offer, this will be a violatin of \'180days\' rule as i have another 5 more months to pass on.

I am on hrly with my current employer and i am in bench. I am thinking as long as i keep my current employer away from knowing the second job (that i am interested), i should be ok? is that right?

will he(current employer) has the right to cancel my 1140 or labor even if the application for i485 approved? I saw in the msg board that employer has the right to canel only before i485 approval!

want to know whats the implications, if I take the other job??

(I have inc and did execute couple of orders even before applying for I485. this new employer doesn\'t agree for contract job. he is only up for full time.)

No Title

I HAVE EAD. MY RD WAS MARCH 12TH. I HAVE ATLEAST 5 MORE MONTHS TO PASS ON TO CLEAR THE \'180DAYS\' CLOUD.

I HAVE ANOTHER EMPLOYER OFFERING MY FULLTIME JOB. (HE DOESN\'T AGREE FOR CONTRACT)

WHATS THE IMPLICATIONS, IF I LEAVE THE CURRENT EMPLOYER BEFORE \'180DAYS\'?

No Title

Hello,

All I meant to say was to leave the company if you still maintain good relations and if not there\'s a chance they might complain to INS (these Desi companies go to any lengths and they know the immigration strings pretty well) about using the company to get GC. People might be frustrated and say go ahead and leave the company but look at all possible things before you make the move. It also takes time to find another job hence that\'s one way you can kill time (3 months) and then quit...

Bhanu

No Title

I completely agree with Bhanu.
Any decisions, One has to be very careful. Fighting/frustation wont take us anyway.
Maintain a good relation always with employer.
Desi Consulting companies are like that. People do the same mistake even they were suffered earlier by another..

No Title

Can I change after getting 485 approval or I have to stay till I get the green card and beyond

No Title

if you are happy with the current employer other than pay issue, stick around 5 months...
For Remianing reasons, you have to judge yourself. Just wait 5 months atleast

No Title

Smartface, just as an FYI, INS clause mentions only 3 months.. after that it is on INS to prove that the GC case was obtained thru fraudulent reasons and they rarely take that step..

BK

No Title

bhanu
I asked Bluelight to wait for 5 months to complete 180 days rule.
Not contradicting your statement. sorry for the confusion
smartface

No Title

According to my lawyer and I think lot of people confirmed in this board that INS states "the burden of proving that the GC was obtained not thru fraudulent means, if so claimed by the sponsoring employer, rests on the applicant. After the 3 months, the onus is on the employer and INS to prove the case is fraudulent. This is quite rare but possible. After 3 months, you are FREE to go without having to worry about any clauses.

Bhanu

No Title

1-485 approval
eb2 china
pd 9/98
nd 9/99
rd 9/99
fp 8/00
ad 4/01
id used here and immitracks.com blueair forget the password.