After 485 Approval working for diffrent Employer

485WAITFOREVER

Registered Users (C)
Is it Still required that we continue to work with same employer for some time to show "Intention to Work" with Employer filing for 485 .

b'coz now after 6 months of 485 Filing any one can change employer, What is the diffrence..before and after.

Is it Still required or is it just a myth Continuing from before..
I did not hear any one having any problems...Is it b'coz the problems could come during Citizenship ?

Is there any thing the Employer could do if we change Employment immediately after 485 approval ?

Any Comments appretiated..

One of my friend has quit the sponsor and joined the client where he was working within few days after passport stamping. When I talked to him, he says that we can change job after approval if it's aggreable between the sponsorer and the applicant.

Please remember that all your information of employment (your salary, position and more) are visible to everyone through
Department of Labor and can be verified by any individual, employer and agencies.

There are lot of discussions on this issue. Please
Click here to read more.

Hope this information will help you take a good decision.

Is it Still required that we continue to work with same employer for some time to show "Intention to Work" with Employer filing for 485 .

b'coz now after 6 months of 485 Filing any one can change employer, What is the diffrence..before and after.

If you change employer say after 6 months, you must continue to work with the other employer after you get your green card and not quit again immediately after you get your green card with the second employer.

They say quitting immediately after getting green card might cause problems when applying for citizenship.
It "might" not cause a problem if you were fired or laid off. Coz you still showed the intention to work but the employer did not want to employ you.

My opinions only.

The DOL database covers data from 10/01/1996 and 9/30/2001. So whatever you will see is a snapshot from the past.

Here is a thought...
An employment based immigrant switches very soon after GC approval and is later asked at the citizenship interview about this job change and BCIS considers this to be in conflict with his intent to work for the sponsoring firm 'indefinitely'.
The immigrant could respond that he was about to use AC21 but because BCIS approved his case just before he could send his letter updating BCIS on his use of AC21 he simply scratched the idea of sending the AC21 letter and went for the passport stamping.
In addition, the immigrant could point out that he worked for his sponsoring company for many years (most of us will have worked 3-6 years with the sponsoring company before the GC will be approved). So his original plan was to work for the sponsor 'indefinetely', but then a new career opportunity came 'suddenly' along that was to good to miss.

I would be curious to find out what you folks think about this strategy...does it make any sense?

SunnyDay, I am with you - that makes sense.

I also think that BCIS may not want to enforce much of this and is deliberately vage on the time frame and intent issue. It would be arbitrary to pick on one immigrant for switching after two weeks of GC approval, but at the same time approve thousands of AC21 cases.

My guess is that if you can show at the citizenship interview that you paid your taxes and that you have a clean criminal record you will be fine.

This is a very interseting topic (for me at least) - Does anyone hear of actual cases there BCIS took away the GC at the citizenship interview simply because the immigrant left the sponsor to soon?

i hope its not a problem

because I switched jobs about 3 weeks Before the approval - It was not voluntary - I still haven't gotten the stamp in my passport.

any thoughts anyone ??

Employment letter and Interview notice

Hi, at1999

Congratulations at1999 !

Could you please tell me that how many key word should in employment letter, like position... I am not sure. I aprreciate
if you can give me details information. Thans.

I just got interview notice from local BCIS (Baltimore). TD:4/17/03
, Interview notice issue day: 5/30/03 ID: 8/21/03. I don't know why they take so long time between Notice Day and Interview Day?(Usaully They take 30 to 45 days for Interview Day). Any one can give me information about that? Thank you very much.

Taconic

I have asked this question a few times but not recently so maybe one of you guys can help.

Please can you let me know the implications of changing job right after approval if I do NOT intend to apply for citizenship. Is it still a problem?

I cannot change jobs before approval because my current company's lawyers hold all my applications and receipts. They just alert me on status/approvals. My company asks that I pay lawyers fees back if I leave within a year (and 50% if I leave within two years). I am very much looking forward to the freedom of working someplace else so am willing to pay them off. I'd just like to know that I will not be jeopardizing my status if I change immediately after approval as I know the card is based on future employment.

Again, I do not intend to apply for citizenship at any time. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks :)

Scotgirl, I spoke with my lawyer about this today on the phone and she told me to relax. She told me that at either the citizenship interview or the GC extension the officers are not starting a thorough investigation or questioning if your GC approval was right or wrong. They are requesting your employment history, but not because they want to double check if this was your sponsor or not. Their colleagues decided to approve the case five/ten years ago - why question the competence of their own? What they really want to see is that you paid your taxes (and they check if you have a criminal record too). Remember these officers have a lot of cases to work on - they spend an hour on your case - max. They are not crime scene investigators.

helge, i like your thoughts

on how one can argue about ones' intention to stay, all the way from the day the labor was applied. makes sense. but you never know.... with them (bcis). 5 years down the line, they might see a lot of such chage-job-two-weeks-after-approval cases and might come up with a counter plan.