Affidavit of Support

cutie_dina23

Hi there! I was browsing about immigration forums and found this site. I am on K1 and been waiting for our NOA2 for 3 months now. I am from the Philippines. I am 25 and my fiance's 30 years old. Most likely my interview will fall on May or June 2004. Our concern is on the affidavit of support. My fiance's income for 2001 and 2002 don't reach the minimum required income but 2003 does. He has a stable by the hour job. He also has assets (25 acres of land--no mortage-- and farm equipments) and some money in the bank. We're both single and no dependents. We don't have a co-sponsor though. Will those be enough?

Hoping for replies!

Dina

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as you/he can document income from 2003 you should be Ok. I don't think they ask for 3 years of income. All it says is annual income and he can enter this year's (2003) income and attach copies of pay stubs.

As long as you meet the minimums on the Affidavit of Support it should be. The fact the job is by the hour isn't really a factor - it's how much does the person make annually and would you be above the poverty line. You only need one year of tax returns for the form itself and you can find out from the USCIS site what the minimum requirements are. If you don't make enough, what you need to have - etc.

BUT I am pretty sure the Embassy/Consulate in the Phillipines requires copies of 3 years of Tax returns for the interview. At the very least they will ask for 2 years. This varies by country.

Check out this site: http://pub99.ezboard.com/bk1advocacygroup

You will find a lot more of people going through the process and sharing thier experiences about K-1s. Any of the really active groups will have people glad to tell you thier experiences. NSC action group and TSC protests are 2 of the most active.... And if you have applied to either of those centers, all the better for you.

Good Luck
Pete
*NOT a lawyer*