Affidavit of Support

kindred1122

When filing for the K-1 Visa, the form I-134 comes up, which is an affidavit of support. Is the one who is marrying the foreigner the one totally responsible for support? What other information will they accept besides tax returns, because I have not filed a tax return in over 12 years. I filed paper work with my state and federal governments in 1995 saying I was not a taxpayer. I have worked in my own business since then and I have not kept any financial records during this time. Could I be denied this visa based on if this form is accepted or not? Is there another way for my boyfriend to enter the country so we can be married, without me having to provide financial support?

Thank you.

As you are the sponsor, then you must fill out an I-134. If you dont meet the financial requirements, then you can also include a joint sponsor in order to make up the income that you are lacking (they will also fill out an I-134). As far as Im aware though, the USC sponsoring their fiance and spouse must submit 3 years of tax returns....if you havent, then I suggest you file them now.