• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of support

I don't have enough funds in my bank to cover the min poverty guidelines, but I am fulltime worker earning 50K a year, can get letters from work and tax returns to show that...do you think I still need to muster up some money in my account or need a sponsor?
Is that job in the US?? If yes, you should be fine...
To explain it one more time: you need to show that you don't become a public charge. You can do that by the following means:
- having enough money in your bank accounts or in property, etc.
- having a job offer
- having a sponsor who signs the affidavit of support
You can use combinations of these three options. There is no fixed rule about how much money is needed. Someone who is likely to find a well paid job soon (because of education/experience/ability to speak English) can get by with less money than someone who only has a highschool degree, no work experience and who doesn't speak English yet.

To explain it one more time: you need to show that you don't become a public charge. You can do that by the following means:
- having a job offer
You can use combinations of these three options. There is no fixed rule about how much money is needed. Someone who is likely to find a well paid job soon (because of education/experience/ability to speak English) can get by with less money than someone who only has a highschool degree, no work experience and who doesn't speak English yet.
ya it's in US, i have been here 8 yrs, did my bachelors and masters here and been working for a year, no money to show as i am paying off my student loans and CC bill :(
Thanks alot for your explanation.

- having a job offer

Which form again is signed as an affidavit of support? I have read some people say 1-864 and others 1-364? any link where to print them?

You need an affidavit of support

You need form I-134 from a US citizen or Permanent resident with an annual income of at least $11,000.

Noe i know someone from Zimbabwe who is also coming over ,drop me an email on kmco77@yahoo.co.uk.

I am in the US but my young brother is also coming over using the same program.

ya it's in US, i have been here 8 yrs, did my bachelors and masters here and been working for a year, no money to show as i am paying off my student loans and CC bill :(
Thanks alot for your explanation.
You already have a job and you have a place to stay. Those are two things that people who just immigrate to US frequently don't have... I don't think you need to worry.

Which form again is signed as an affidavit of support? I have read some people say 1-864 and others 1-364? any link where to print them?
As Zimbabwe already said, it's form I-134. I don't have a link but I'm sure it's not hard to find... I-864 is an affidavit of support form as well but that one is only used for family-based immigration.

Hi everyone,
where should the sponsor send the completed form I-134??
Back to the applicant or directly to embassy?

I don't really have a bank account , I'm thinking of opening one got around 15,000$ , will it be wise to open one up close to an interview??

Hi everyone,
where should the sponsor send the completed form I-134??
Back to the applicant or directly to embassy?

I don't really have a bank account , I'm thinking of opening one got around 15,000$ , will it be wise to open one up close to an interview??
The applicant has to take the completed I-134 to the interview. I don't know about your other question.... Where do you have those $15'000 now? If you have the money, you should put it in a bank account, so that you can prove that you have it.

Hello everyone

My friend now retired in usa since 3 years ,his retired's income about $22k/year , can he sponsor me with the form i-134 for the DV-visa ? as I mentioned I already sponsored my self with $23K cash+$125k assets and provide job offer ?
Thx

Hello everyone

My friend now retired in usa since 3 years ,his retired's income about $22k/year , can he sponsor me with the form i-134 for the DV-visa ? as I mentioned I already sponsored my self with $23K cash+$125k assets and provide job offer ?
Thx
Believe us: with $148k total no one cares whether you have an affidavit or not!

but they response to me by e-mail "still need joint sponsor and mandatory admin process" :-(

what shal i do ?