affidavit of support

charles1

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

For anyone who can help and advice according to experience or knowledge :

My wife and I sent all docs ( i-130, 485, 131 ) but the affidavit of support, unfortunately my wife does not make enough money, and therefore, we are looking for a third party to help us out.

our question is : are we going to get an interview date even tho we did not send affidavit of support ? or they will not send us the interview date?

note: I already did the FP.

note1: We have never receiced the i-130 receipt even tho we sent it and paid for it etc, anyway to do something with it?

thanks

The I-485 will be put on hold. I don't think they are going to process your I-485 without the AOS but i read something on this forum that stated that you can submit it at the Interview but I think that the ND is effected. I am curious also to see what others will say about this on the forum. I hope that you find someone to sponsor. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't get an interview. They will put your case on hold by the time you provide necessary evidence. You will get three months to do so. If you don't provide valid Affidavit within that period, your case will be dismised or maybe denied, I am not sure exactly.

You will get a REF to send the affidavit of support and pending the time you sent it in, your application will be put on hold

Good luck

I went through the similar situation, you will get your interview date. and as long as you are able to produce them at the time of interview you should be fine. Otherwise they will send you back and ask you to set up an apt within one year. After 1 yr, all your application fees expires.