Affidavit of Support

Victor3536

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I know this is not a CP related questions but again I thought, there are many gurus we have in this board then anywhere else.

My question:

Can I make an affidavit of support for my parents, who are coming on visitor visa, even though I have just filed one I-134 for my wife while taking our GC through CP process. My parents already have the visa but this is just in case if they ask at POE.

Is there a rule or any regulation that suggests that there should be a gap for filing I-134 by one person for different people ? If I provide sponsor letter to my parents, would it create any problem if the officer at POE ask them to show sponsor letter ..

Victor3536 said:
Guys,

Can I make an affidavit of support for my parents, who are coming on visitor visa, even though I have just filed one I-134 for my wife while taking our GC through CP process. My parents already have the visa but this is just in case if they ask at POE.

{Victor as per my thought goes we need affidavit of support only when we are sponsoring the visa, in your parents case they already have a visa so they do not need it and as the POE goes they will be only asked for the reason of their visit and how long they are planning to stay, So just relax }

Is there a rule or any regulation that suggests that there should be a gap for filing I-134 by one person for different people ?

{ You can file the "N" number of I-134, there is no particular rule }

If I provide sponsor letter to my parents, would it create any problem if the officer at POE ask them to show sponsor letter ..

{This is too much too worry about }

Thanks

Victor3536 said:
Guys,

I know this is not a CP related questions but again I thought, there are many gurus we have in this board then anywhere else.

My question:

Is there a rule or any regulation that suggests that there should be a gap for filing I-134 by one person for different people ? If I provide sponsor letter to my parents, would it create any problem if the officer at POE ask them to show sponsor letter ..

First of all, since they already have a visa, they need not carry an affidavit
of support when they enter.

They should not be asked for this document at the POE, but if you are
planning on providing this , just in case, then it is not a problem because
of the following.

A general rule that applies to this area is based on Poverty Line Guide lines,
for a 'N' number of people an 'X' amount of salary is considered as the
minimum to stay above poverty line.But I am confident this would not be a problem for you.

Raju

When my parents came this time in dec (they have come before once), they were asked at the POE how they will meet their expenses. They have said that our children will take care of it. My parents have a valid visa for 10 yrs. I was just thinking that if they needed to travel next time, i will give them a letter that says - i will take care of their expenses while in the US.
-Dilbert

I would not provide one as they already have a visa.

U can always provide an invitation letter

Guys

Thanks a lot for your responses..... You know these immi officers, you can never tell what they would ask for ..So I just wanted to be cautious...

Thanks