Affidavit of Support, W2, Tax returns, Pay Stubs

AugVSC

Registered Users (C)
Hi:
  I am new to this discussion board. I saw my friend submitted the affidavit of support in her I485 package. She told me her husband is a dependent so she has to file the affidavit of support for him. I have a dependent but my lawyer didn\'t ask me to fill out that form. I didn\'t even include W2, tax returns, pay stubs which my friend included in her package. Are those necessary? I filed my I485 at the end of August. Lawyer told me that they received receipt in Nov but till now, I still haven\'t receive a copy from them. At that time, I was told that I could apply EAD and AP at Boston INS so I didn\'t take my lawyer advise to file it along with my I485. (Of course I didn\'t know it took such a long time to receive a receipt) My lawyer still doesn\'t think that Boston INS will take any walk-in cases. Anyway, my big concern is by not submitting affidavit of support, W2, tax returns and pay stubs will create any problem for me in future? (ie, RFE?)

Also, I hope I can get the copy of our receipts this week so that my wife and I can apply EAD & AP. What documents should I prepare to apply EAD & AP at Boston INS? Did anyone go there to apply EAD & AP recently? Can you please share your experience?

I really need some advise. Please help. Thank you.

EAD & AP

Download the forms from ins.usdoj.gov.

Take your original I485 receipt, H1, and passport with I-94.

EAD attachments
Copy of I-94
Copy of I485 receipt

AP attachment
2 photos
Copy of I485 receipt
Copy of H-1

I didn\'t submit Affidavit of support

When i filed my 485 in Feb\'01, i didn\'t submit Affidavit of support, Tax returns but only my pay stubs. I got my approval in Nov\'01 without any RFE.

Thanks for your info.

I will go to the local INS and apply my EAD & AP.

Just got a reply from my lawyer regarding Affidavit of Support (W2, tax returns and pay stubs), he told me it wasn\'t necessary because I have the employment letter which stated my salary in it.

At this moment, I will pray for me, my wife and the lawyer\'s judgement.