Affidavit of Support Troubles

Hello!

I am Alundra's boyfriend, and we've been looking into ways for Alundra to legally immigrate into the United States as a permanent resident (and later, a US citizen). Though I am a US citizen by birth, I am not related to Alundra (as in, not part of her immediate family). Thus, I cannot sign the affidavit of support for her. The only way that I'm aware of that I can legally help her immigrate would be to legally marry her.

Jackolantern, are you referring to the Child Naturalization Act? I was under the impression that the child had to be a legal green card holder in order to qualify under the provisions of that act? Is there something else that I may be missing?

The primary concern is what financial requirements would her parents be obligated to. For the reasons she listed, the family cannot financially support her -- this is notwithstanding any immigration status, and is the reason her and I are seeking a green card and are looking for a place together (to ease the financial burden off her parents).

It's not to do with financial irresponsibility, so much as it is them being uneasy about having enough money to support two households and Alundra simultaneously. They fully meet and exceed the income requirements set forth by the USCIS, considering that the stepfather is in active duty in the military.

If you have information about where to look about what you mentioned with the possibility of her already being a US Citizen, please send any information you have, and i'd be glad to do the research on it.

We most likely will be hiring a lawyer for all of this to assist with the immigration law, however, we'd like to go in with at least a couple of avenues we can attack the situation from, and at least some idea of what to expect.

Thanks to everyone for your comments and assistance :D

Hey I guess you can sign her affidavit of support if you are US citizen or Permanent resident. Of course as co- sponsor and if primary sponsor wont make enough money.