Affidavit of Support (I864)

sky701

Registered Users (C)
My mother has applied for my green-card (I130 approved-F2B) and now I have received I-864 form from NVC to be filled by my mother. I am currently in USA on H1B (F1 to H1). I have always maintained my legal status in the US. My parents are lawful permanent residence and staying in India right now..They come and go at every 2 yrs rt now as they got their re-entry permit every time.They are definitley going to settle in USA after 3-4 years..

My question is does anyone have any problems of approving I-864 when your parents are gc hloders but currently in India and they have to file I864 for their beneficeries? They are good in terms of income and tax filing..

Please advise me.

Thanks,

They are showing their bank statements, pay stubs, employer letter, etc..They meet the fedral poverty guidelines..My question is that can they show their Indian income even though they are permanent residents but working and paying tax in india. The I-864 form does not say that the sponsor has to have US income, it asks for the sponsor annual income in dollars..So can we convert rupess into dollars (by the bank manager) and show it as a proof of support?

Also, do permanent residents are require to file income tax return in USA if they are earning in India and their US income is zero..In that case, can they show tax return filed in India?

Please let me kniw..

Thanks,

Thanks for your time to respond back.

They are out of the US on a temporary basis. They have their SSN, bank account, state IDs, etc in the US.

I saw in I-864 form there is an option for a joint sponsor who can be any person who is either US Citizen or green- card holders.

In that case, my mother can still file for the amendment tax return in USA for last 3 years with zero US income..

I will consult a good Immigration attorney, i guess...

Does anybody know?

Thanks...