• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of support I-134

nynke86

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I was selected this year (2014EU00028***) :D, and right now I'm on a 1B tourist visa in the US. I will be going back to the Netherlands, since I'm not eligible for AOS. I've sent the forms to the KCC and have confirmation that they've received everything. I have a question though. I have a friend here who is willing to sign an affidavit of support, since I do not think I will be able to come up with sufficient funds within a year. Can she sign the papers while I'm still here? If I'm invited for an interview, will it matter that she signed it in 2013, while the interview is in 2014? Even though I know an I-134 is not required for DV lottery winners, I do think it's wise to have an affidavit of support ready if the officer asks for financial support. I really hope someone can help me.

Nynke

The I-134 is probably the second best way to prove you'll not become a public charge if the GC will be granted, so go for it if your friend can provide one. ( I say is the second best because first thing is to be confident and to show CO educational and professional reasons that proves you will not become a public charge in US)
So, go for the I-134 if possible! And,it doesnt matter if your friend will sign on 2013 and your interview is in 2014. Just provide the reference in the form (stating that the formular is signed to help you in your undergoing process for the DV program)
Best of luck and we will be waiting for a reply after your interview with details about your experience.

diploma

The I-134 is probably the second best way to prove you'll not become a public charge if the GC will be granted, so go for it if your friend can provide one. ( I say is the second best because first thing is to be confident and to show CO educational and professional reasons that proves you will not become a public charge in US)
So, go for the I-134 if possible! And,it doesnt matter if your friend will sign on 2013 and your interview is in 2014. Just provide the reference in the form (stating that the formular is signed to help you in your undergoing process for the DV program)
Best of luck and we will be waiting for a reply after your interview with details about your experience.

Thank you for your reply!
I have a high school diploma equivalent to an American one, Two vocational diploma's in the medical field, but not alot of work experience yet though that shouldn't matter if you have a high school diploma. So I just have her sign the affidavit with her contact information and take it back home with me. I don't think I will have a problem besides the financial part. I'm currently a volunteer at the local hospital and they are talking about finding me a spot amongst their staff. So with a job offer like that I should be fine right?

With your completed and equivalent education and the I-134, you should be fine.
If you are lucky enough to add a signed job offer to your documents, that will do the trick 100%, as the CO will be sure you'll not become a charge and more to that, you will arrive in GC with your new status as a GC holder and actively contribute to the US economy through your job!
So again, best of luck and I hope you'll stop by to write some thoughts from time to time even after you'll have the GC.