• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

affidavit of support, help

mehi

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Whom should be she supporter for? me or my wife?

My wife's aunt lives in US, if we want her to support us, is it importent she supports me first(then, spouse: my wife) OR my wife first(then, spouse: me)

I'm the winner.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Each immigrant that is using an Affidavit of support must be covered by an affidavit. If your aunt is doing this you will need a form for each family member. She must make enough to be at 125% of the poverty level for the total family count. This will include the aunt , anyone in the aunts family and the people she is sponsoring ( at least 3 )

Each immigrant that is using an Affidavit of support must be covered by an affidavit. If your aunt is doing this you will need a form for each family member. She must make enough to be at 125% of the poverty level for the total family count. This will include the aunt , anyone in the aunts family and the people she is sponsoring ( at least 3 )

thank you S_Owoh

Are you sure each family member need a separate form. Going through the form, i realize that it's designed to take care of the whole family member including the principal applicant.

Are you sure each family member need a separate form. Going through the form, i realize that it's designed to take care of the whole family member including the principal applicant.

If you are in Nigeria, you don't need affidavit of support and bank statement.
Pls check the Nigerian thread and confirm.
All the best!

I replied to your other thread, you need to demonstrate that you will not be a public charge. If you used the I 134 the person can submit one form for the entire family as there is a winner and deriviatives that will get a visa based on the winner getting a visa. You need 2 petitions/I 134's when a couple ( like father and mother ) are coming together from being petitioned by an adult child.