Affidavit of support for Interview case

baobao

Registered Users (C)
Hi, All:

I have an interview at Newark in coming weeks. One document requested in the interview letter is "Affidavit of support". Could someone comment on the following questions regarding this document:

1. Affidavit of support=I-864 form?

2. Mine case is NIW and self-sponsored, does that mean that I am the sponsor for this form?

3. Should my spouse fill the same I-864 form or should it be I-864A form.

I appreciate any comments.

bb

my info can be seen at the link below:

http://boards.immigrationportal.com...?threadid=94405

job letter

for you would show that you are solvent and not depending on the state for survival. Though no job offer is required, having one helps. Did you change your jobs in 485 stage or was your transfer one of those "random" things for NIW.
you will need a support letter for your wife. this will be you affirming that you will support her. if your wife is the derivative then you would be her supporter.
also anything that you may have related to the case should always be taken (in different folders) so that you dont get stuck with not having "something".
Finally please do not forget to post your experience to help other interviewees and NIW people.
A lot of NIW people on this forum take in all the advice and help and simply do not care to post their experiences.:(

Baoboa

If you have 40 credits of work you don't need to submit the Affidavit of support.
To know how many credit of work you accumulated toward your social security taxes, you can request a statement from the social
security administration.
If you read the the second paragraph from the Affidavit of support application it will say that.

more on affidavit confusion

Brightstar:

thanks for the comments. My SSN credits is just shy of 40 at the end of last year. I should file the affidavit to be safe.

Ag28:

Thanks for the comments and I WILL update the board about future progress. FYI, I have not changed job since I140, and my guess is that the transfer is a random one.

Please comment on my questions below:

1. For me: I-134 or I-864?

I did not submit any Affidavit of support when filing I-485. From what I have read from this board, it seems that the concensus is I should use I-134 for myself, do you agree with it?

2. For my working spouse: I-134 or I-864?

many thanks!

bb