Affidavit of support for derivative I-485?

vlan

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My fiancee plans to file derivatve I-485 after we get married (my I-485 has been filed by my employer some time back). I have two questions about this:

1. What would be the affidavit of support document? Letter from _my_ employer? Or letter from me?

2. Do I need to send an amendment to my status for my application (I was single at that time)?

Any information is highly appreciated.

Thanks
~vlan

The affidavit of support is done by you and has to be notarised--Form I-134 or I-864 depends on Service Center.
Obviously your marriage certificate is required to file for your spouse, linking to your petition (ref: Receipt No.)

I-134

Thanks for your response. It appears that we need to file I-134, but its instructions are saying it should be signed by either US citizen or permament resident. Since my I-485 is pending, I am neither of them, although I have A#. Can I still use this form?

Originally posted by Samir K Das
The affidavit of support is done by you and has to be notarised--Form I-134 or I-864 depends on Service Center.
Obviously your marriage certificate is required to file for your spouse, linking to your petition (ref: Receipt No.)

Re: I-134

I have more questions about this form:

1. What to select in question 1: I am NOT a US permanent resident, should I just skip it?

2. Which persons should I list in question 3: Name of spouse/children accompanying the person - myself and his son? or just his son?

3. Question 9: I have prevously submitted visa petitions to the INS on behalf of the following people. What to write here? I am filing 2 affidavits simultaneously, should I put my husband's name on affidavit for his sone and vice versa?

He and his son are filing I-485 as derivative spouse/child, and my application has already been submitted.

Thanks for your replies!
vlan

Mention your A# under 1d.
In 3 mention your spouse and his son (if he is eligible legally).
Only one affidavit should suffice with both the names--if you have earlier submitted visa petitions or affidavits mention the facts.

Certificate to certify non-availability birth certificate

Hello all-
I am planning to apply concurrently for I140 and I485.
I do not have my birth certificate and I understand I need to get an affidavit from my parents and a non-availability certificate.
Can some please advise:
1. what exactly does the birth certificate affidavit need to say? I someone can attach the language text, I would appreciate it.
2. How is this affidavit executed.
3. what exactly does the non-availability need to say? I someone can attach the language text, I would appreciate it.
4. How is this certificate executed? Who issues it and does it have to be from the place of birth?

Would appreciate e if you could share any dos/don'ts related to this step.
Thanks
Its_me
:confused: