• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Affidavit of Support/DV Application

amo

Registered Users (C)
Sir/Ma:

Please help me, let me know whether Affidavit of Support (AOS) is really required for DV application. If yes, which type: I-864 or I-134; and when and how does one file it to prevent any possibility in DV application delay.

Let me have all other information concerning "Evidence of Support" required from DV applicants.

amo.

I-134, it's not required unless a consular officer requests that you bring it. USC or LPR signs it in front of the notary public, gives/mails it to you, and you bring it to the interview along with all the other docs.

My lawyer requested AOS from mmy husband. Basically just one sentence stating where does he work, what position and his salary. He put a copy of that in the file and we'll bring the original to the interview.

blue, that's a letter of support, not an affidavit. Sometimes a letter of support is enough, and sometimes the consular officers are a bit tough on the visa applicants and ask for the real I-134 affidavit.

this particular subforum is for DV lottery cases. Not family or employment based immigration.