Affect on green card process due to relocation to a different state.

SMNGC

I am currently on H1 status working in NY. I am currently in the labor certification process. This process was started off while I was employed in the NY office. Now my employer requires me to relocate to Miami, Florida. How does this affect my labor certification process? Would I face any problems in the future steps for the Green Card process?

Please advise.

No Title

NO. Green Card is for the job in the Future. Evnetually you will ( when u r about to get ur GC) you will have to start working in NYC.
All the best.
Bapa

No Title

It also depends how your LC was filed. If it states NY and other unanticipated locations you are not bound to your original NY job at all. You could get your GC for the Florida job as well. Good luck!

And even if it was filed for a specific location you may be ok due to AC21

After your I-485 is pending for more than 180 days (I know, I\'m getting way ahead here but bear with me) you would be able to join a new employer in a similar position and location does not appear to matter. I see no reason, given that, that the employer would be unable to change the location.

Jim

No Title

Thanks for your response. What if my lawyer filed the LC so that he didnt choose any other locations other than NY ? If i continue my LC from NY and start my I 140 and I 485 from Florida will there be any problem for my GC later ?