Advise please- Biometerics notice sent to wrong address

basselal

Registered Users (C)
after 3 years and 8 months wait, which included 2 address change one of them is a change of state, my lawyer emailed me today saying they sent me a biometrics notice. the issue is, they send it to the wrong address. The reason we know that is because my lawyer's copy showed that old address (which the one before my current address and in the same state). Now I only have a copy of the notice and I will never have the original, which they require for the appointment. I called the 800 number but they were no help at all. they said they will not accept the copy and they can't send a new notice (not even if I change the date). The only thing they said is just to go ahead with the copy but they don't know of they will accept it (what a service line:mad:).

Anybody had similar experience and know the solution to this. I made an info pass appointment but the earliest one is just a couple of days before the biometrics appointment.

I appreciate any help.

take the copy to acs you have no choice

ACS won't keep the copy, they just need to see for the receipt number, explain to the what happen and it should be okay. let us know what happens on 5/17/08.

ACS won't keep the copy, they just need to see for the receipt number, explain to the what happen and it should be okay. let us know what happens on 5/17/08.

Thanks tony28270.

I went this morning and it went well. The first person asked actually for the original but he did not stress it that much and accepted my explanation. When the lady who takes the finger prints had my information on the screen I told her that she had the wrong address but when I said I changed online she said that's good and that since I did this she will not change it on her screen. I did not abject but I told her that I've been waiting for more than 3.5 years and I would hate to have this issue be a problem. Only then she said that she will change it and she did.

Even though i had hops in the past that turned out not be true... I'm hoping this will be it and I can get it finally soon.