Advise for EB1A

newdoc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am new to the forum, I was seeking your advise about my case for EB1A (extraordinary ability) as I am going to apply for GC. I am a research associate in reputed national LAB and my field in physics, experience of 8 years after my Ph.D. 4 years in a national LAB in Japan, and 4 years in two national Labs in uSA. Have 28 publications in well reputed journals, 1 review paper, 30 citations, no international awards, no patents, reviewer of two reputed journals, 13 invited seminars in national Labs and conferences. Can anyone please judge what are my possibilities in this category, I seek your valuable from this forum. My lawyer suggested this category. Thanks in advance.

newdoc said:
Hi,

I am new to the forum, I was seeking your advise about my case for EB1A (extraordinary ability) as I am going to apply for GC. I am a research associate in reputed national LAB and my field in physics, experience of 8 years after my Ph.D. 4 years in a national LAB in Japan, and 4 years in two national Labs in uSA. Have 28 publications in well reputed journals, 1 review paper, 30 citations, no international awards, no patents, reviewer of two reputed journals, 13 invited seminars in national Labs and conferences. Can anyone please judge what are my possibilities in this category, I seek your valuable from this forum. My lawyer suggested this category. Thanks in advance.

It will all depend on the independent reference letters from top shots in your researchg field who write about your accomplishments. If you can get several good ones and your lawyers writes a very good petition your chances are good for EA. You might also think about OR, which is easier to get.

somehow i get a feeling that uscis is very lenient towards health science.....but they use a different yard stick for other sciences..

newdoc.....your case looks good....try to collect 8-10 recos.....4-5 independent will be good.....

if you can file EB1-OR you can get through easily......otherwise also your profile looks good......go for it..

Re: Advise on EB1-EA

Hi Honkman and techy2468,

First thank you very much fo your valuable advise. Regarding EB1-OR I am not eligible as i do not have a permanent job offer. Regarding the recommendation letter, do I need to get some samples from my lawyer to forward to my referees to request them to write in that format or just ask them to write a recommendation, which will be better please advise.
I am planning to get 3 reco from Japan, 1 from france, 2 from england, 1 from switzerland, 6 from USA (total 13 recos). do think this will be enough?
Another thing I have just contacted the editors of the journals which i am the referee and one have already send me a letter and it reads as:

Editor-in-Chief: ********
****** Laboratory
*************** Fax: *******
United Kingdom
E-Mail:********

Date:

To whom it may concern

I confirm that
Newdoc
********* Laboratory
USA

Has acted as referee for ******* in the past and will act as referee in future if needed.

Yours sincerely,

Is this enough or do I request more information. please advise.

thanks in advance

newdoc said:
Hi,

hi Newdoc,
You are perfect candidate for both EB1-OR & EB1EA.
With publications records, outstanding letters, reviewer inviatations and awards you have good chance to prove that you are outstanding/extraordinary. If you check back with human resource department of your office . Theymight have Research Associate as permanent position dfination. This will help you get prerequisite for EB1-OR.
Letters stating that you are 1-2 % top in your area...........will boost your application.

newdoc said:
Hi Honkman and techy2468,

First thank you very much fo your valuable advise. Regarding EB1-OR I am not eligible as i do not have a permanent job offer. Regarding the recommendation letter, do I need to get some samples from my lawyer to forward to my referees to request them to write in that format or just ask them to write a recommendation, which will be better please advise.
I am planning to get 3 reco from Japan, 1 from france, 2 from england, 1 from switzerland, 6 from USA (total 13 recos). do think this will be enough?
Another thing I have just contacted the editors of the journals which i am the referee and one have already send me a letter and it reads as:

Editor-in-Chief: ********
****** Laboratory
*************** Fax: *******
United Kingdom
E-Mail:********

Date:

To whom it may concern

I confirm that
Newdoc
********* Laboratory
USA

Has acted as referee for ******* in the past and will act as referee in future if needed.

Yours sincerely,

Is this enough or do I request more information. please advise.

thanks in advance

About the reference letters: You should ask the scientists you write what they want. Some of them will write you a letter without a template, some of them (the majority) want to have a template from you . In that case you should ask your lawyer for some templates. But be always aware that they are no scientists and you should go through those templates before sending away.
About the letter from the editor. I had a RFE regarding that and I think you should ask them to change the letter. The USCIS wants a letter from the editors stating that your are a referee but also why they choose you (because you are a top scientists in your area of research). The current letter is not good enough, IMO

Advise for EB1EA

Hi all,

another important question, I have just found out that a "Book" written on my field from scientist from Japan, USA, UK, FRance, Poland, Finland in "Oxford Science publictions" has cited 5 of my previous publications and infact they have shown one of the results in the figures in thier book and discussed the others in the text. Does this carry weight, and should i include this as citations or somewhere else in a different category.

Thanks

newdoc said:
Hi all,

another important question, I have just found out that a "Book" written on my field from scientist from Japan, USA, UK, FRance, Poland, Finland in "Oxford Science publictions" has cited 5 of my previous publications and infact they have shown one of the results in the figures in thier book and discussed the others in the text. Does this carry weight, and should i include this as citations or somewhere else in a different category.

Thanks

Of course it carries importance.

first it will add up your citations to show impact of your work and thus your abilities.

It will nice that if you get a letter from one of the authors stating that your data was important for them for compling in this book.

also a letter from editor about the circulation and sales of book.

Your Valuable advise on EB1-EA

Hi All,

Can anybody please comment on how successful/good is Rajiv Khanna's Law office in dealing EB1-EA cases.

I am trying to find an affordable lawyer to represent my EB1-EA case.

Thanks in advance

You valuable input on EB1-EA, Please help

Hi all
Can you please guide me with this question about the category "Published material in professional publications written by others regarding alien's work in the academic field" for the EB1-EA category.

I have found that "An Oxford Series Publication" Book authored by different scientist from USA, Europe and Japan (from Oxford University Press) recently included few of my works and even described in detail 2 of my works with figures etc. Does this fall the obove category? Or is this goes to the citation section only? Please help.

Thank you in advance

What is your Nationality? At which USCIS service center are you filing? I just filed mine at VSC without lawyer.

more latter..

Newdoc,

I think it should be reasonable. In the documentation, you must first define the reputation of publisher, and authors and then go on to describe how and where authors describe your work. Probably a letter from the authors could be used to effectively nail it down. What's your area in Physics?