Advice Wanted

jha123

Registered Users (C)
Here is my detail
 RD 10th Aug 01
 PD jan 2000
 ND Sep 2001

Dear Friends today I got lay off from my current employer.They were not paying me salary for last 2 month.I was working on Project.
Today I had hot Argument with them and I left the company.
Can my employer cancell my 485 In what case the can cancell my 485.
what should I do now.
Waiting for Gurus suggestion

Search a similar job immediately and if you get it, you will be alright. AC21 rule

They cannot they anything as yo have passed 180 days

AC21 rule is in your future. LOts of people are changing jobs after 180 days. You r company cannot withdraw your petition. SO do not worry. But immidietly find a job which is similar in nature.

Correction ...

I-485 is YOUR process - the employer has little to do with it except to offer you a future job. Theoretically, they CAN withdraw your I-140 but that is rare. AC21 (changing employers if 180 days have passed before adjudication of I-485) should protect you from this - remember, that INS has only released guidelines regarding AC21 thus far and actual regulations won\'t be released for several months. It currently makes no mention of protecting the I-140 if 180 days have passed, but many immigration attorneys think that, if AC21 is going to allow people to change employers after 180 days, it should also say that after I-485 has been in process for 180 days or more, the sponsoring employer can no longer revoke the I-140. This is still pending though. Ultimately, I wouldn\'t worry about it too much.

Believe they cannot do anything to you. By the name of company you were working

so others are aware and beware them before joining.

sear

Try a job and talk to HR of new company whether can they provide the same kind of employment letter which you submitted while filing I-485,in case of RFE in near future. If they say yes, you have no problem. If you have no RFE, you are lucky saving 2 or 3 months in the process.

Good luck. No need to worry.