Advice to all e-File EAD

alphagc

Registered Users (C)
This is my advice to all e-File EAD.

**** Don't mail any other documents like (I485, I94,... etc) if you did your e-filing. ******

I did my efile EAD on 10/29/2003 and went to Boston support center and have my picture taken and fingure print. Because I read on this forum that it is advisable to mail supporting documents awa I read on USCIS.gov the same thing, I mailed my documents last week of Nov 2003 and USCIS received it on Dec-02-2003.

Yesterday, I went to get my I-EAD since I completed 90 days and haven't receive my EAD yet. The lady at the counter looked at my file on the computer and she said, she can't issue my I-ead since I haven't completed my 90 days. I asked her how come???? She said the computer showing my last transaction date was on Dec-02 so I have to count 90 more days from that date and I said no way and went into argument with her, she went to talk to her supervisor and he/she (went inside the room) confirmed that I was right and I have to get my I-EAD since I completed more than 90 days from the date of filing.

The big thing now, she said not to mail any documents if I'm efiling and don't use efiling because it is not fast as many think!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my I-EAD till end of Sept. 2004 and she adviced me to renew my EAD 90 or 120 days before the expiry date of my IEAD.

I asked her about my I-485 status, she said since I did my FP2 on last OCt 2003, I should hear something within the coming few weeks or so.

This was my experince to get my IEAD.
Was there @ JFK building @ 6:40 and it was dam cold, got my ticket @ 8:00 and I was done by 9:15 or so.

What a F****** releive !!!!!!

:eek: :p :p

I got my eEAD very fast- less than a month.
But eEAD requires minimum document mailing- unlike what some people say or mail. The site tells you what to mail- so there is no guessing. I think it asked me to mail the 485 receipt only. I put it in ordinary mail and sent it- no FedEx or certified mail- they have my receipt# in the application so they can track it anyway.
HTH

Hi,

I applied for my 3rd EAD in November 2003 (paper filing). RD is 11/07/2003.
My current EAD expires on 03/27/2004.

My questions is can I go for interim EAD after 3 months? Will there be any problem? Do you think they will say to wait until March because my current EAD expires in March?

Thanks
S Bill

Typcially they will enterain interim EAD request after 90 days of EAD ND- so that would be before your expiry date.
HTH

Hi SB_tiger,
But most to the forum members indicate to include the below mentioned list of documents for eEAD filings. Which I think is a valid reason, to do so.

- Copy of the Confirmation Receipt notice
- Copy of Current EAD (Front & Back)
- Copy of I-485 petition (Adjustment of Status Application Pending with TSC)
- Online Status of my I485 receipt
- Copy of I-140 Approval Petition
- Copy of Previous EAD mailer
- Cut out mailer of previous EAD Approval.
- Copy of I-94
- Copy of Passport (which has Bio-graphic data)
- Copy of Drivers License

But do we really need this so.

thanks

The e-filing tells you excatly what to send. So there is no guessing or overdoing. Like it asked me to mail 485 receipt. It also says mail everything with the receipt. So only that is what I sent.
HTH