Advice Regd. 140 applied on 7/23/2003

pra_g

Hi,

My priority date is July 23rd 2003 (EB2). I see from the forum that many people who have applied for 140 after this have recieved approvals. I see no change in status in the online status. For 140 or 485 since my finger printing (in april).

I spoke to my lawyer and she says there is no way of finding out anything about my case and it is best to just wait until INS responds - is this true?

Meanwhile I have applied for and recieved my second a EAD card (extension) as well.

Does anyone have any advice/suggestions regarding how to followup on this case?

Thanks
Pratima

You should be able to FAX

pra_g,

You should be able to start an enquiry with fax. This is just my suggestion but not an advise. Sometimes by doing this will help. If you look at other forums within I-140 you may find cases like this listed.

--Sonpapdi

thanks!

Thanks for your response.

Do you happen to know the fax number? Also is sending fax equivalent to sending an inquiry email to the INS office?

You could ask your attorney to initiate a inquiry on your I-140 as you cannot enquire as I-140 belongs to the employer. But you could call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 and ask about your 485. I hope that they just don't say that they are waiting on your I-140 for your 485 to be processed.

The general rule is "If the published processing dates have crossed your receipt date by 30 days, you can call the National Customer Service Center.

Good Luck. Keep the forum posted with any updates on your case.

What you can do:

* Ask you attorney to make an enquiry since its past 30 days the published days.
* Keep pressing the attorney to make more enquiries, till you get a response from USCIS

What could be happening:

Since you are EB2 and applied concurrently, USCIS may be waiting to pick up your 140 when your 485 is ready to adjudicate, which in turn could be waiting for FBI name check.

FBI name check usually takes 90 days, but if you get a match in the initial check it can take longer. Ask the lawyer to find out if its waiting for name check.

You can also make enquiry to FBI to get the status of the name check, search the forum for more details on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recieved approval EMail

Hi,

Thanks to everyone that replied. I recieved the 485 & 140 approval emails today. So I guess they were waiting for 485 before they sent my 140.

Pratima

pra_g said:
Hi,

Thanks to everyone that replied. I recieved the 485 & 140 approval emails today. So I guess they were waiting for 485 before they sent my 140.

Pratima
Guys,
One question .. If your online status says "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

does it mean the name check is done by the FBI or could it be the case that it's still pending ??

Thanks

No. Name check is different from fingerprint. Search the forum for FBI name check for more info.

itshuman said:
Guys,
One question .. If your online status says "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made."

does it mean the name check is done by the FBI or could it be the case that it's still pending ??

Thanks