Advice regarding moving during GC process

ATT75

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My husband and I submitted our paper work in July and i had my biometrics interview in August. We havent heard back since then.

Any way we are now expecting our first child in January and want to buy a bigger place in the same state since we have a 1br condo (both in our names). We also want my mum to come over and help with the baby and right now a 1br is just too small for us. We have started looking for a new place and really want to move before the baby arrrives so we can settle in and get everything ready!

My lawyer has told us to not move during this time. Did you move and if so how did it effect your application?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks so much!

Depends on when your AOS Interview will be. It may bring trouble with internally updating your address within the USCIS system.

You are told to file AR-11 and call USCIS Costumer Service and change it too. But since your baby is not due until January, I would say, wait... wait until you get the GC in your hand. Or at least an Interview Appointment.

Depends on when your AOS Interview will be. It may bring trouble with internally updating your address within the USCIS system.

You are told to file AR-11 and call USCIS Costumer Service and change it too. But since your baby is not due until January, I would say, wait... wait until you get the GC in your hand. Or at least an Interview Appointment.

I got the same situation and here what I did:

I waited until I got my Interview Appointment and got an email stating that my EAD is in production than I moved and filed the AR-11.
This way I guaranteed every thing and after that.... I am sure I will be fine with the rest.

This is only me....