Advice Please-----!!! Moving to Texas

10yrwaiter

Registered Users (C)
I filed I-485(EB) in May 2002, first FP done June 2002, no 2nd FP, no RFE, very worried about moving!!

My family and I have been struggling for green card for a long time way before this filing, and we can not afford screwing up one more time.

I am moving to Texas in June, and I need advices about

1). Should I keep a California address and inform INS with that? If so, can I use my friend's California address? We live in same area.

or
2). Shoud I just inform INS with Texas address?

Any advices are appreciated!

:eek::eek: :eek:
wac021825xxxx
applied 3rd EAD
applied 3rd AP

I am in the same boat as yours

:eek: :) :D
Hello there,

I had the same situation as your my RD: 03/2002 - WAC02141*****

I moved to TEXAS last July and my lawyer told me to do everything formally and do not lie about the address; otherwise your 2nd FP and RFE will prove that you are not in California anymore.

The lawyer told me that 3 things could happen:

#1 The case will be transfer to TEXAS for INTERVIEW : I should get approval by then. In this case, I don't need to travel back to California but the case still stay in CSC.

#2 The case could be transfer to TEXAS, then it will take even longer!

#3 CSC will keep everything in CSC and allow me to do 2nd FP in TEXAS but send RFE to CSC! Just make sure you file AR-11 within 10 days after your move!

So far, my case is still in CSC but who knows, may be my file has already covered with dust and nobody care about the case until the processing data has reached! I will keep you posted!

WAC 02-115

Moved to Texas last Feb. Got 2nd FP from CSC and ask me to do it local center in Texas. What most likely to happen is I will be approved by either CSC or transfer to local texas center for interview. Interview queue is not bad here.

To eleeathome

Hello eleeathome,

When I look at your WAC02115 is later than mine, if you received 2nd FP notice that is a good sign, it seems like they are processing your case now. Congradulation

Would you mind telling me what is your Received Date and Category?

Mine is EB2 RD: 03/25/2002!

THANKS

eleeathome,

Can you tell me where can I find about the Interview Queue Details in Texas. I live in Texas and have not yet changed address from Caifornia to Texas. I have a friend who resides in California and given her home address to INS.

Regards,
gcAwait

TheWrongOne, eleeathome, gcAwait, thank you all for the replies!

Can I say so far 2 person informed INS with Texas address, and 1 did it with California address, and 1 not decided.

I will talk with my attorney and keep you updated.

wac021825xxxx;
applied 3rd EAD
applied 3rd AP

Filed in CSC/Moved to TX after 180 days

I am Jan '02 case - WAC 02 089 XXXXX to be more precise. Did 1st FP in April 02 while still in CA.

I knew that my employer would move me to TX, but were helpful in keeping me in CA for 180 days after filing for 485 - as per the advice of the attorneys too and I finally moved to TX after 180 days. During this process, since my home was on sale in CA, I gave my cousin's address on I-485/765/130 - mine and my wife's. We received the 1st EAD and 1st AP at that address in CA before we moved to TX.

As per the attorneys, they filed for address change to TX. Also - filed at CSC - 2nd and 3rd EADs, 2nd AP - I chose not to file for 3rd AP (which we received at this current address in TX).

Now after 2 years of "total silence", we received 2nd FP notices (at our TX address) scheduled for May 6th in TX and RFE issued on April 1, '04.

My RFE was the usual - last 2 W2's and last 3 paystubs. The attorneys are supposed to reply this week. We tried early FP to be rudely turned away.

BTW, my employer renewed my H1B at TSC(premium processing) during May '03 since the 2nd EAD was delayed at CSC.

Hope this helps ... although I see a little light at the end of this tunnel flickering far away ... I did not receive my approval as yet.

~nvi

Congratulation NVI

Hello NVI:D :D ;)

THANKS you for your excellent news! Mine RD:03/02 and WAC-02141*****

As I mentioned before , I moved to TEXAS last JULY and heard nothing but keep updating my ADDRESS for TEXAS! Don't know what could happen to my case!

I just got GOOD NEWS about my 3rd EAD which I applied in Mar, 2004 --> WAC04109**** and 3rd AP just got Approved! They will be mailed to my TEXAS address

This re-enforced that CASE that starts in CA and will end in CA despite of moving out of the state!

I am glad for YOU, you are seeing the tunnel light already! HOPE you reach the light in a month!

CHEER for NVI

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dear TheWrongOne, eleeathome, 10yrwaiter and nvi

I am planning to file my AR 11 to change to my TX Home Address, has anyone experience any delays or case transfer becuase of this?

Please let me know asap.

Regards,
gcAwait

WAC-02-143-5XXXX

I just receive my EAD card in TEXAS

Hello there,

I don't see any delay on other applications after I moved to TEXAS, I applied my 3rd EAD and AP on March 10 and got both approved and sent to me by April 25, 2004.

My lawyer apply both document on my behalf! But I used my TEXAS ADDRESS in the application. They were sent directly to my address without any problem!

With the Green Card application, I am not sure and I hope not!

As of today, my file still not touch or update yet?

WAC-02-141

Dear WrongOne,

Thanks for your response. Just wanted to know that the EAD and AP that you applied after you moved to Texas had the application number starting with WAC or something of TEXAS application. This is just to find out if the application was processed in California and they just mailed you the Ead and Ap to your Texas Address.

The thing is I am a derivative and I have been waiting for the GC over 2 yrs. Also now in next few months my number will come in California, but Texas is really behind in 485 application and I have no patience to wait for 2 more years again just if the case get transferred to Texas.

Appreciate your response.

Regards,
GCAwait

Thank you all for the reply.

I am still not clear about the pending cases when AR-11 is filed. If anyone can give me ur contact no or contact me, it would be great:

214-405-0241.

Thanks,
GCAwait

To gCWait

As I told you earlier that I applied to CSC and # is WAC-04 series! It is up to you how you want to do , it is all personal choice!

Just believe in yourself. To get the GREEN Plastic or not , it is all LUCK, even your number is so close to the processing date, it doesn't guarantee yours will be up soon. As you see, some of the Oct or Nov case with WAC-08 are still waiting for answer!

And some of the late comer WAC-02 and WAC-03 got approve due to con-current junk. So God's knows! As the money says "IN GOD we TRUST"

GOOD LUCK and Don't worry and be happy!:D

Moved to Texas Last year

I moved to Texas last year April. Faxed address change to CSC. I got Interim - EAD before moving to Texas. My 2nd EAD came to new address in July. I have got another 3rd EAD from Texas home address.

Case is now transferred to SFO and waiting for SFO to transfer to Texas for interview.

I would suggest that you should tell them about change of address.

WAC-02-083