Advice on where to start application process

wowamom87

I am a US Citizen currently living abroad with my Swiss husband. Been living in Switzerland for 6 years. I am ready to move back to the US and bring my Husband along. My 3 children and I will be moving end of July and husband will stay in Switzerland to continue working to create more income for the family. He will come a year later.
My question is should we start the application process here in Switzerland or in the States? My concern is if I start it when myself and the children move back to the States in July, is that the process will be more dificult and my husband will have to travel over a lot to do interviews, etc. If I start it here in Switzerland, they may need to see me in person and I will be unavailble.
Where should we start the process since I will be living in the states come July and Husband will be staying in Switzerland for awhile longer? If I start it here in Switzerland now, would that keep him from visiting me and the children during the application time? He has a flight ticket booked to help the children and I with the move in July.

Since the plan is for your hubby to come over one year after your arrival in the States, I suggest you start the process now by filing the I-130. You will need to establish domicile at some point, which will be after you move back in June. After that your husband can do consular processing. Will take anywhere from six months to a year. Without any complications, your husband should be set to arrive in the USA as a permanent resident within the one year frame you mentioned.

With three kids as evidence, unless he is some form of terrorist or criminal, I don't see any roadblocks in proving bonafides.

What I would suggest is that if he will be visiting the USA during that one year, he go for a multiple entry visa before you file the applications because he will be otherwise ineligible for a non immigrant visa after you file. Of course I believe he can enter with visa waiver and gamble the immigration officer at the ports does not question him too thoroughly. :p. Never lie to immigration.

Best.

I am a US Citizen currently living abroad with my Swiss husband. Been living in Switzerland for 6 years. I am ready to move back to the US and bring my Husband along. My 3 children and I will be moving end of July and husband will stay in Switzerland to continue working to create more income for the family. He will come a year later.
My question is should we start the application process here in Switzerland or in the States? My concern is if I start it when myself and the children move back to the States in July, is that the process will be more dificult and my husband will have to travel over a lot to do interviews, etc. If I start it here in Switzerland, they may need to see me in person and I will be unavailble.
Where should we start the process since I will be living in the states come July and Husband will be staying in Switzerland for awhile longer? If I start it here in Switzerland now, would that keep him from visiting me and the children during the application time? He has a flight ticket booked to help the children and I with the move in July.