Advice on Transcript requirement

dazed_confused

Registered Users (C)
To Ray S. and other guru's
A friend of mine is applying for canadian PR thru new delhi visa office. One of their requirements is "original transcript in university sealed envelope". Now getting a transcipt in this manner is a standard procedure from US Universities but how does one get it from an indian university, in particular Calcutta University? Any ideas/suggestions. should my friend just go ahead and include a certified photocopy of indian university marksheet with a covering letter from him explaining the situation? your advice would be highly helpful.
thanks

Go to University's registrar office

I dont know about Calcutta but Pune Univ where I studied has a procedure for getting transcripts. You need to go and make request from the Univ registrars office. They should be familiar with the procedure as most US University now a days request transcripts for admission to masters program.
Of course this is India so be prepared for delays or try using some lubricating methods.

Anyone knows whether a notarized photocopy will do instead of the original transcript if getting the original one is impossible ? To readers of this forum who applied for Canada PR, aren't there any who did it with notarized copy ?

:confused:

when i applied in 1996 to US universities, all of the universities that i applied to, did accept a photcopy of the transcript and degree certificates that were attested by my college principal, who is alos a notary public that can sign document for verification purpose. so you should be ok if you can get notarized photocopies of the transcripts & degree certificates. hope this helps.

thanks to all

for the replies.
looks like my friend is going to have to make do with notarized copies. however, keep the postings coming.
thanx