Advice on receiving Green Card or Access to America.

iBrazilian

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I'd like to know some information if possible on how to gain entrance to America with these few options I can possible give.

I'm 19 years old now, I lived in America from August 3rd, of 2005 - 15th of June of 2012. I arrived when I was 11 and left when I was 18 years old, I went there with my two parents and three sisters.

It's been 1 year, 3 months, 4 days since I left America with both my parents and one sister. Both that stayed are married, one with Citizenship and one that does not.

My parents does not have a Green card and we overstayed our limit, so we lived there as immigrants for those years after our months expired.

I've been doing some research, I know I missed the DACA law which was unfortunate.
I've been dating my girlfriend for a few years now and she has recently visited me in Brazil and she wants me to try to return to America which in a way I'd like to as America feels more like home to here.
I've learned that since I left America at the age of 18 and 120 days before turning 19 I believe or something close I escape from being banned a 10 year or 3 year ban sentence to America.

What are my choices of finding a way to return to America? Can friends that are citizens sponsor me?

I've learned that since I left America at the age of 18 and 120 days before turning 19 I believe or something close I escape from being banned a 10 year or 3 year ban sentence to America.

If you left before 18 years and 180 days old, you're OK for escaping the ban. But if you left 120 days before turning 19, which would be 18 years and 245 days old, you'd be subject to the 3 year ban so you'll have another 1 year and 9 months of waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are my choices of finding a way to return to America? Can friends that are citizens sponsor me?

You have some choices, but sponsorship by U.S. citizen friends is not one of them.... simply because option like that does NOT exist.
You could be sponsored for a GC by your sister (the one that has citizenship) but it would take several years of waiting... or when your American girlfriend visits you, get married and apply for GC through marriage... this option would take less time.