Advice on Passport Stamping

krishnaGopal

Registered Users (C)
1. The Courtesy copy of the 485 Approval Notice is Ok or do we need to get the one which Attorney received?

2. Do we need to return all old (Expired EAD/AP's) including the current ones?

3. Can we go and stand in the appointment line?

4. After stamping the passport will the INS return the 485 Approval Notice?

5. How long does it take to get the Plastic Cards in San Jose by mail after stamping?

1. Courtesy Copy is Good enough.

2. Just take the documents, Photographs listed on the approval notice. You do not have to return any thing.

3. I do not know what is an appointment line is but I went there (Not in San Jose) at 7:00 AM got the screening done. Took the token and was called at 11:00 AM. Out by 11:15 AM.

4. No. They do not retrun the notice. But why do you care? Take a copy and keep it with you. And more over you will receive the Atorney copy also.

5. I do not know. I did not go to the San Jose office.

Good luck.

Originally posted by krishnaGopal

You can return them your current (non-expired) EAD/AP. But as far I know, they never insists on returning those documents.

Originally posted by krishnaGopal

You can return them your current (non-expired) EAD/AP. But as far I know, they never insists on returning those documents.

Saturdays: Does the Passport Stamping

Hi All,

I have a question: Does the Passport Stamping Happen on Saturdays or only on Weekdays?. Is there an URL that talks about this whole process of PP stamping, timings, appointment process., etc?

Thanks

Re: Saturdays: Does the Passport Stamping

Originally posted by gruha
Hi All,

I have a question: Does the Passport Stamping Happen on Saturdays or only on Weekdays?. Is there an URL that talks about this whole process of PP stamping, timings, appointment process., etc?

Thanks

http://uscis.gov

Another Question on PP Stamping !

Can you get your stamping done at another district office other than where you are supposed to go (Does the approval letter say which office you are expected to go?). For Eg., lets say you applied from Oakland and your wife is studying in LA. Can she just go into LA district office and get passport stamping?