Advice on changing status from J1 to H1B

J1 to H1B

Dear all.
First of all, congratulations on this extremely useful and informative forum!

I am a Spanish young professional and arrived In the US last year to do a 12 month training program at an enterprise. My current internship/trainee and J1 visa expire on March 15th but I definitely want to stay!

I have found a company that is interested in hiring me in March. But I am not sure on how to proceed:

-I would like to apply for an H1B visa on April, 1st, that would allow me to start working with my new employer from October, right?
- If it was possible I would like to start working with my new employer in March (and avoid having to wait till the H1B is processed), so I am thinking about transferring my current DS2019 to the new company on March, up to six more months. That way, I could start in March with a J1 visa and I wouldn’t have to go to my home country from March to October and stop my professional activity. Then in October, I would change my status to the H1B.

Will this work? What is the best way to proceed? :confused:

Any advice or feedback will be more than welcomed!
Thank you in advance! :)

-I would like to apply for an H1B visa on April, 1st, that would allow me to start working with my new employer from October, right?
- If it was possible I would like to start working with my new employer in March (and avoid having to wait till the H1B is processed), so I am thinking about transferring my current DS2019 to the new company on March, up to six more months. That way, I could start in March with a J1 visa and I wouldn’t have to go to my home country from March to October and stop my professional activity. Then in October, I would change my status to the H1B.

Do you have 2 years home residency required of J1