Advice on applying for a B2 Visa, previously held J1 Visa

diver237

Hello everyone,

I hope everybody's doing great. So my name is Ismail and I'm 23 years old from Morocco, I'm planning on applying for a B2 Visa and I just wanted some opinions on whether or not I have good chances of getting one.

Last year I was in the US on a J1 Visa on a program with the department of state of America, I spent about 4 months there and got back last May. I've recently graduated with a 5 year degree in business from a reputable school in Morocco, and I've been admitted to Doctoral Studies in the same school. I'm going to do a one year internship first in Budapest, Hungary before pursuing Doctoral Studies, and I have documents proving both (doctoral studies admission, and Budapest Internship). I can provide Bank statements showing proof of available funds in the amount of 35 thousand dollars during the last 3 Months in my father's account, and I have a small apartment of my own. Finally, I'm planning on visiting my friends at the University where I was and I can stay at their apartment, but for Visa purposes I was wondering if it's better to say that I'm visiting my Uncle in New York and have him sponsor me.

Hello everyone,

I hope everybody's doing great. So my name is Ismail and I'm 23 years old from Morocco, I'm planning on applying for a B2 Visa and I just wanted some opinions on whether or not I have good chances of getting one.

Last year I was in the US on a J1 Visa on a program with the department of state of America, I spent about 4 months there and got back last May. I've recently graduated with a 5 year degree in business from a reputable school in Morocco, and I've been admitted to Doctoral Studies in the same school. I'm going to do a one year internship first in Budapest, Hungary before pursuing Doctoral Studies, and I have documents proving both (doctoral studies admission, and Budapest Internship). I can provide Bank statements showing proof of available funds in the amount of 35 thousand dollars during the last 3 Months in my father's account, and I have a small apartment of my own. Finally, I'm planning on visiting my friends at the University where I was and I can stay at their apartment, but for Visa purposes I was wondering if it's better to say that I'm visiting my Uncle in New York and have him sponsor me.

Hi Diver,

Based on my experience is always good to go with the truth during the visa interview. It always depend on the CO for the final approval.

Below is additional info from the department of state website.
  • The purpose of your trip;
  • Your intent to depart the United States after your trip; and/or
  • Your ability to pay all costs of the trip.
Evidence of your employment and/or your family ties may be sufficient to show the purpose of your trip and your intent to return to your home country. If you cannot cover all the costs for your trip, you may show evidence that another person will cover some or all costs for your trip.

Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a nonimmigrant tourist visa. If you do choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember that it is not one of the factors that we use in determining whether to issue or deny a nonimmigrant tourist visa.

Hi Diver,

Based on my experience is always good to go with the truth during the visa interview. It always depend on the CO for the final approval.

Below is additional info from the department of state website.
  • The purpose of your trip;
  • Your intent to depart the United States after your trip; and/or
  • Your ability to pay all costs of the trip.
Evidence of your employment and/or your family ties may be sufficient to show the purpose of your trip and your intent to return to your home country. If you cannot cover all the costs for your trip, you may show evidence that another person will cover some or all costs for your trip.

Note: Visa applicants must qualify on the basis of the applicant's residence and ties abroad, rather than assurances from U.S. family and friends. A letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support is not needed to apply for a nonimmigrant tourist visa. If you do choose to bring a letter of invitation or Affidavit of Support to your interview, please remember that it is not one of the factors that we use in determining whether to issue or deny a nonimmigrant tourist visa.

Thank you for your reply, if I do decide to apply I'll go with the truth since it isn't necessary to have an invitation from the US. I know the final decision is always up to the CO, but do you think that based on the information I provided I have good chances of getting the Visa? I've also visited France, UK and spain in the last 4 years.

Thank you for your reply, if I do decide to apply I'll go with the truth since it isn't necessary to have an invitation from the US. I know the final decision is always up to the CO, but do you think that based on the information I provided I have good chances of getting the Visa? I've also visited France, UK and spain in the last 4 years.

I answered to your PM message check it out and best of luck.