Advice needed please asap

ashleyB

Hi back in 2009 i went to the airport in Canada and and got rejeceted entry because i stayed in the states for to long i think it was 10 months in total.. they took my picture and finger prints and said that if i come back after 6 months with proof that i work then i will be able to pass they did not stamp my passport or anything just gave me a pieace of papper on the paper it says that i violated code 212 (a) (7) (A) (i) (I) of INA im still confused will i be able to go to the states or what should i do its been 8months ... any advice?? a little more deatil about me i am Canadian i didnt overstay 10 months i just stayed 10 months in total i did not have a visa or anything i just had my canadian passport...umm i also went to the homeland security people and the guy there told me that there shouldnt be a problem because they didnt stamp my passport or anything.. and i havent tried to go in the states yet its been like 8 months however i am planning on going back on vacation in april but dont know what to do i want to go by car but i dont know which is easier.........