Advice needed on pending name check

fataquie

Registered Users (C)
I am trying to figure out any help or advice that I can get for my case. Here are the details of my case:

Category: EB-2, Priority date: 2/2002
Labor Approved: June 2004
I-140, I-485 filed: August 2004
I-140 approved: July 2005
I-485: Still pending
FP1: 10/2004
FP2: 10/2005
Last update: 11/29/06

My priority date has been current for the last two years but I-485 has been pending since 12/2004. To adress this issue, I have done the following:

1. E-mailed and sent a letter to both USCIS and FBI (using the guidelines, format, etc. provided on other threads in this forum).
2. Contacted my district Congressman and Senators to make an inquiry on my behalf. They take my letter, forward it to both USCIS and FBI. USCIS replies that my case is pending name check verification whereas FBI replies that it is still pending and I will be informed once the name check is completed.
3. I have called the USCIS toll free number several times and they don't have any other information either.
4. Gone to local USCIS office at least five times with INFOPASS. They don't give me any new information.

So, the bottom line is my whole case is pending for the name check and I have tried all the avenues: congressman, senator, writing to FBI, etc. etc.

Moreover, I have not even had my interview at USCIS that everyone seems to have prior to acceptance.

This is very frustrating (as my GC process started in early 2001) and I would appreciate any help in this.

Thanks.

if you take serious for your greed card, you can write a letter to First Lady in White House, meanwhile file writ of Mandamus agaist USCIS and FBI at your federal court. There are bunch of discuss about it at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&highlight=check

I have similar experience with you. I wrote a letter about my FBI name check to First Lady in June, her office forward it to FBI. My name check got clear in July. Meanwhile, I filed WOM in June. I got my green card in August.

Good luck

why don't prepare for a WOM

fataquie said:
I am trying to figure out any help or advice that I can get for my case. Here are the details of my case:

Category: EB-2, Priority date: 2/2002
Labor Approved: June 2004
I-140, I-485 filed: August 2004
I-140 approved: July 2005
I-485: Still pending
FP1: 10/2004
FP2: 10/2005
Last update: 11/29/06

My priority date has been current for the last two years but I-485 has been pending since 12/2004. To adress this issue, I have done the following:

1. E-mailed and sent a letter to both USCIS and FBI (using the guidelines, format, etc. provided on other threads in this forum).
2. Contacted my district Congressman and Senators to make an inquiry on my behalf. They take my letter, forward it to both USCIS and FBI. USCIS replies that my case is pending name check verification whereas FBI replies that it is still pending and I will be informed once the name check is completed.
3. I have called the USCIS toll free number several times and they don't have any other information either.
4. Gone to local USCIS office at least five times with INFOPASS. They don't give me any new information.

So, the bottom line is my whole case is pending for the name check and I have tried all the avenues: congressman, senator, writing to FBI, etc. etc.

Moreover, I have not even had my interview at USCIS that everyone seems to have prior to acceptance.

This is very frustrating (as my GC process started in early 2001) and I would appreciate any help in this.

Thanks.

It seems that you have exhausted all channels one could have thought of to clear the namecheck except to contact first lady. I totally agree with Jeta that you can start write to first lady and also get ready to file WOM to fight for your right!

Jeta, I sent you a PM. Please check your messege box.

Jeta said:
if you take serious for your greed card, you can write a letter to First Lady in White House, meanwhile file writ of Mandamus agaist USCIS and FBI at your federal court. There are bunch of discuss about it at http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=194681&highlight=check

I have similar experience with you. I wrote a letter about my FBI name check to First Lady in June, her office forward it to FBI. My name check got clear in July. Meanwhile, I filed WOM in June. I got my green card in August.

Good luck

Agreed

I agree with you both (againusa and Jeta). However, I got information on WOM from this forum but don't extactly have the details on contacting the First Lady. Can you guys point me to the forum link for contacting the First Lady? Thanks.

I don't think contacting the First Lady is one of the necessary things you need to do in order to file a lawsuit; you can definitely go ahead with what you've done so far.

In addition, was your case transferred to a USCIS local office? I didn't see it in your history. If it wasn't transferred, then you shouldn't expect any interview as you mentioned in your 1st post.

Hi Madison04,

My case has not been transferred to a local office and its still at USCIS CA center. I have heard that once the case is transferred to a local office, its an indication that the case is approaching conclusion fast.

Will work on the WOM and contacting the first lady as well although I am not too hopeful of either of them working.

No. My wife's case was transferred to a local office when her name check was still pending. It wasn't approved until more than one year after the transfer (see my signature). If there hadn't been a lawsuit, it could've been much longer.