Advice Needed...how to file Wife's GC?

AlterEgo

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I currently have H1 status with my I-485 pending (details in my signature). My wife plans to come to USA on H4. Because of Retrogression, I will not be able to file for her I-485 unless my priority date becomes current. IF my case gets approved quickly after my PD becomes current without giving me enough time to file for my spouse's I-485 how will I be able to file for my spouse's GC? I think her H4 will be invalid as soon as my I-485 gets approved....What can I do in such a situation. Please share if you have any information.

Thanks.

AlterEgo said:
Hello All,

I currently have H1 status with my I-485 pending (details in my signature). My wife plans to come to USA on H4. Because of Retrogression, I will not be able to file for her I-485 unless my priority date becomes current. IF my case gets approved quickly after my PD becomes current without giving me enough time to file for my spouse's I-485 how will I be able to file for my spouse's GC? I think her H4 will be invalid as soon as my I-485 gets approved....What can I do in such a situation. Please share if you have any information.

Thanks.

I don't expect your PD to be current any time soon. At the moment a bill passed by the senate (and in the house now) allows for 485 filing even during retrogression for EB cases like yours. So in all likelyhood you will know this week if 485 can be filed prior to removal of retrogression.

Thanks for the info about the bill. In Nov's visa bulletin PD for India moved a year. I am from EB3-Other Category and this date just moved 15 days but I do not know if next time it will move just a few days or it will jump a year! I have heard January is the time frame when dates may move really fast, has anyone else heard the same?