Advice Needed - B2 Visa and Marriage

zombietaz

Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a problem, and a few questions I would really appreciate your help with!

I am in the US on a B2 Visa. Whilst here, I was staying with a friend whom I had met previously. She is going through a divorce right now (it is not yet final), but whilst here we became more than friends and I decided I want to marry her.

Now, my visa expires in December, but we did have plans down for a group vacation (a cruise) in February, which leaves from Florida but travels internationally. I am wondering if its realistic to be able to marry her and get all the necessary documents and approvals done in four months to go on this trip together with her?

Any input would be appreciated!

You can File Form I-539. Application to change/Extent Non-immigrant Status,but you will require to sumbit along with original I-94. You will also require to submit the reason for stay in written. USCIS will also require few information about your stay.

DISCLAIMER: The confidential information provided in this memorandum is for information purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice.The reader should consult with an immigration attorney before acting in reliance on any such information

Hi Guys,

I have a bit of a problem, and a few questions I would really appreciate your help with!

I am in the US on a B2 Visa. Whilst here, I was staying with a friend whom I had met previously. She is going through a divorce right now (it is not yet final), but whilst here we became more than friends and I decided I want to marry her.

Now, my visa expires in December, but we did have plans down for a group vacation (a cruise) in February, which leaves from Florida but travels internationally. I am wondering if its realistic to be able to marry her and get all the necessary documents and approvals done in four months to go on this trip together with her?

Any input would be appreciated!

If her divorce is finalized within a month and you both get married and file your AOS, there is a realistic chance you can get your advance parole document within 3 months of submission. That will allow you to travel internationally without abandoning your AOS.