Advice: get a good lawyer(how???)

140denied

Registered Users (C)
My lawyer made the mistake and cost me waiting for a long time.
My case filed on AUGUST 2001 and still no information yet. I told my lawyer VSC could misplaced my files but she didn\'t listen to me and keep saying VSC is processing my file. And I asked how did she know,
SHe said she is a lawyer and knows everthing. She just doesn\'t want
to call VSC. What a bad service ? I paid several thousands buck for this service. Man, you are dead if you have this kind of lawyer.

Calling VSC

Calling VSC, or any service center for that matter, is a major pain. That\'s why lawyers don\'t want to call, it takes hours out of their staff\'s time to speak to an IIO and often they don\'t give any useful information. It\'s a tremendous drain on resources and there\'s often very little to show for it.

However, sometimes there is no other way and the call must be made. In your case, something is causing an extreme delay. Either INS issued an RFE and your attorney did not receive it or INS has transferred the file to storage (I\'ve seen them do this to active files). Normally, VSC is fairly helpful when a case is far outside their stated normal processing times.

Somebody needs to call INS and speak with an IIO to find out what happened with the case and you can\'t do it since it\'s not your filing. That leaves either the employer or the attorney.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

I see why, it makes sense

I see why my lawyer does not want to call INS. It makes sense the call is painful for lawyer. But in my case It is far beyond the normal processing times. What else can I do? Do you know any service to help contact the VSC about the status? I am willing to pay more for that.

Thanks, you are very helpful.

No Title

Jim,
   Normally, how much time it would take for the VSC to bring the file back from the storage.
  I appreciate your time,

thanks,
rajum

It\'s been awhile since I\'ve had this happen

But, I think, it takes about 5-10 days. I don\'t remember for sure. I\'m also going by what the IIO said at the time and who knows how true that is. I\'ve actually had good experiences with the IIOs from VSC. Maybe I\'m just a nice guy.

Jim

James D. Mills
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

My lawyer has called and told me it is in Officer\'s hand

Jim,

My lawyer has called and told me it is in Officer\'s hand
according to Customer service person.
I doubt about it. How come it took six months and still in
officer\'s hand? It is strange. The officer is sleeping for
several months?

I let you know when I got update.

Thanks!

No Title

Jim,
   I appreciate your fast response. The reason for asking you is I applied for duplicate I-140. My file has been lost in the transit between INS and NVC. NVC after 90 days gave my attorney a letter saying that they have not received my file. Based on that letter, my attorney applied for a duplicate I-140.
   My RD: 11/27/2001 ND:11/28/2001 EAC-02-049-5#####. I am waiting for the duplicate I-140 to get approved. Now, I see the fresh I-140 petitions of January are getting approved.
  I thought the delay might be because my file has to be retrieved from storage. Anyway, thanks for your info , I will contact my attorney.

thanks,
rajum