Advice before renewing EAD/AP

dcmetro22042

Registered Users (C)
Guys:

I am awaiting the approval of my H1B extension in order to take my international travel (filed on 15th, Dec). I have my vacation tentative for March end to April end (if I get my H1B approval by then). Before sending the AP/EAD renewal documents (expires June, 2007), I had some questions on the renewal since I wanted to make sure my travel plans does not negatively impact the EAD/AP renewals or vice-versa.

- How long is it taking the get the renewals for AP/EAD these days?

- Can I be out of the country while the EAD/AP are in renewal process? I was planning on leave once I get the H1B extension and entering the country on AP document and not applying for the H1B visa. Since I am still working for the same company, I would have not used EAD and shall therefore be on the H1B status.

- Since my current EAD/AP are approved till June, 2007, I was planning to be back by April end leaving about 45 days before the expiration so that the two documents can be filed for extension. Is that OK?

- Finally my understanding was that since I would be on H1B status, I could still be working if it takes more time beyond the expiration date of EAD/AP. I do understand that my wife might have to take forced vacation until the renewals come through since she ‘has used EAD’. Is my understanding correct?

I would like to better plan the vacation/renewal. I am really hoping to not cancel or postpone my vacation plans any further.

Your answer shall be truly appreciated.