Advanced Parole usage after the interview. Please advise!

yenal

Registered Users (C)
I've been approved on Jan 7 however my passport is not stamped (it was expired at that moment). The officer who did the interview told me that I can still travel with the advanced parole that I have but they will interrogate me in the airport because they will see that I am approved. She also said that in the end everything will be fine. What do you think about this? Me and my wife are flying to Turkey on Jan 26. The website still shows my case as pending. Do you think travelling with AP is really not risky as the officer told me? Please advise. Thanks.

This is probably true ... well sort of. I've read about cases e.g. of people in EB immigration leaving the country, and subsequently GC was approved before they arrived, and they went through deferred inspection. Your case is a little different in that you're already a permanent resident and you knowingly leave without GC or I-551 stamp, and traveling with AP is really not appropriate for someone who has adjusted to permanent resident. Can you get a stamp in your new passport and/or have someone check your mail and send you the GC to Turkey before you return? Perhaps the GC will come in by Jan 26 anyway.

I had the same situation.
I was interviewed on October 11, and the office told me you are approved. However, he didn't stamp my passport.
So, when I was on my vacation, I checked USCIS and found out that card is in production.

I came back and they didn't give me any hard time in the airport. Just you have to go the special process counter, and they will stamp a new I-94 for you.

This is what happened to me about 2 weeks ago, but I am not sure if it was only my luck, or that was the process...

Good luck anyways.

you cannot travel on an AP once the I-485 is approved. The officer at POE will and can refuse entry to any LPR that tries to enter the USA without a green card or the stamp on the passport.

I called the USCIS hotline and they told me that I can use the AP to travel. Also they gave me the phone number for Customs and Border Protection in JFK. They said it's fine as well. I really dont know who to believe now.

well, again, you can believe what they say on the phone, but meet the wrong BCP officer at the wrong immigration booth, specially one with PMS... and you will have a VERY fun day...

if you get your i-551 stamp you can apply for a SSN, eventually a Driver's License, and get the ball rolling.

I already have an SSN and driver's license. The problem with the infopass is this, I got my interview in Garden City, NY. However infopass sets an appointment in New York, NY.

I already have an SSN and driver's license. The problem with the infopass is this, I got my interview in Garden City, NY. However infopass sets an appointment in New York, NY.

You get to see the big apple! :) what's the problem? ;)

ps: you do not need to see the same officer, you most likely wouldn't have... do you have any evidence of being approved? (like a letter or anything).

Here is an important update. The website updated: I485 card production ordered. Do you think I may receive the card next friday?

PS: I already live in big apple :)