Advanced Parole Questions

MadScotty

Registered Users (C)
I would like to travel home for a vacation whilst working with an EAD, however from the documentation I read (on the I131 form) is states that I can only get an AP for "bona fida business or emergent personal reasons".

Is this correct? How can I get back home for a vacation whilst waiting for my Green Card!!!

Thanks

You don't have to say you are going on vacations you might be having personal reasons to go.

Apply for AP on your own. There should be no problem to getting one, it is just that it takes time. Approximately 3 months in CA. But the paper work is pretty simple.

good luck!

But what should I say is the reason for travel

Thanks for your responses, I am convinced that I should apply myself - my company's attorney want $350 per application!

But what should I say is the reason for travel, and should I request multiple visits over a long period or simply request the 2 or 3 week period for my vacation.

Thanks again.

I heard from a friend that after re-entering using AP, if I-485 is not approved within one year, you have to wait outside of US. Is there such a new rule?

Thanx!
JAurora

there's no such rule. Rule is ur I94 wil be stamped for 1 yr period but that does't affect ur AOS and ur totaly legal as long as ur 485 is pending. Another stupid rule from the dumb INS.