Advanced Parole in a hurry

steveva2001

Registered Users (C)
If this has been answered elsewhere, then I apologise, but I'm kinda in a hurry.

I'm currently waiting for my name check to clear and my approval for my GC. My story is elsewhere on this forum, but now I seem to have run into an issue.

The company I work for really needs me to be able to travel to Europe (Amsterdam), but currently I can't as I don't have AP.

Question is, would the USCIS be amenable to issuing AP quickly in a case where a company wishes an employee to travel outside the US? Has anyone actually tried this?

Any info would be appreciated.

I haven't done this but I know you can get it done.

You can make an infopass appt at your local district office (that's where AOS application should be getting processed) and present your office.

Under the filing procedure for my local DO (Albany, NY) includes applying for Advance parole for Emergency travel. And Emergency travel only. Taking flight tickets or any other proof will you help make your case.

mthakkar said:
I haven't done this but I know you can get it done.

You can make an infopass appt at your local district office (that's where AOS application should be getting processed) and present your office.

Under the filing procedure for my local DO (Albany, NY) includes applying for Advance parole for Emergency travel. And Emergency travel only. Taking flight tickets or any other proof will you help make your case.
Can someone share their experience as to how long the regular AP approval takes? Any DO will be fine.

mthakkar said:
Taking flight tickets or any other proof will you help make your case.

That sounds so typically ass-over-head for the USCIS... make someone buy their ticket BEFORE they know if they can actually go :/

I swear... some days... :eek:

If you have a genuine emergency situation (e.g. parents in need of urgent medical care), it's possible to go to your local DO with supporting docs (i.e. letter from a doctor) and have AP issued on the spot. I haven't read any experiences with people requesting AP due to urgent work assignments. I think, though, it may still be worth a try if your DO is nearby. Get an official letter from employer about your assignment coupled with hotel and ticket reservations (no purchase), drive to the DO, and ask to speak to the officer about your situation. Do all this with a mien of someone driven by urgency and determination. Let them sense the importance and haste of your request. The worst thing that can happen is they will say no.

Last edited by a moderator:
eugene_lyubov said:
If you have a genuine emergency situation (e.g. parents in need of urgent medical care), it's possible to go to your local DO with supporting docs (i.e. letter from a doctor) and have AP issued on the spot. I haven't read any experiences with people requesting AP due to urgent work assignments. I think, though, it may still be worth a try if your DO is nearby. Get an official letter from employer about your assignment coupled with hotel and ticket reservations (no purchase), drive to the DO, and ask to speak to the officer about your situation. Do all this with a mien of someone driven by urgency and determination. Let them sense the importance and haste of your request. The worst thing that can happen is they will say no.

That is not true, at least in my case. Just make an appointment thru infopass and tell them that you have a pending case and thats all you need becuase it automatically makes you eligible for Advance Parole and they should issue it to you at the spot.

JJBBKK,
If what you are saying is true then we all are eligible for AP and we all can go to DO and ask for it.
If you have an emergency of getting it then you have to prove it to DO and if they are convince then they will issue it right away.

JJBBKK said:
That is not true, at least in my case. Just make an appointment thru infopass and tell them that you have a pending case and thats all you need becuase it automatically makes you eligible for Advance Parole and they should issue it to you at the spot.

Typically AP takes between 1-3 months to be issued if you just apply for it directly. However if you need an emergency AP you will have to prove to the DO that your case is an emergency and you need it badly. I dont think that your case qualifies. However I hope I am wrong and you are right. Please infomr all of us about the outcome of your infopass appointment. Remember that all of us have a pending case and are eligible for AP. It just takes them 1-3 months to do the paperwork.

Go Bucks